We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 788 Posts
    This is an auto-generated support/comment thread for Context Links.

Use this forum to post any comments about this addition or any questions you have regarding its use.

Brief Description:
    This plugin will automatically grab the pagetitle, alias, or menutitle of documents in the site, and use those as keywords to match against the content to perform the replace.

Please report any bugs or feature requests here.

Demo:

http://cmssandbox.com/MODx095/index.php?id=116
      Jesse R.
      Consider trying something new and extraordinary.
      Illinois Wine

Have you considered donating to MODx lately?
      Donate now. Every contribution helps.
    • Is there a demo of this up and running anywhere?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 7,075 Posts
        You stripped it out of my mouth wink !
          .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
          • 788 Posts
          Demo link posted.
            Jesse R.
            Illinois Wine

• Very cool indeed. I noticed in your in-development thread you were looking for a way to limit this to the [*content*] field. Ever manage to pull this off?
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 7,075 Posts
              Thanks smiley

It would seem it works a bit like the Autolink module, but maybe less resources intensive ?

MODx est l'outil id
                • 788 Posts
                @Ryan:

Not yet, I just posted that thread yesterday and am waiting for the PHP Gods (Looks Jason’s way) to feel merciful enough to point me in the right direction.

@David:
                I am not sure about which is less resource intensive, but there is a key difference between the two. From what I understand of the Autolink module, it requires the user to manually input keywords to match against the content, and then perform the replace. This plugin will automatically grab the pagetitle, alias, or menutitle of documents in the site, and use those as keywords to match against the content to perform the replace.
                  Jesse R.
                  Illinois Wine

• It might be cool to put in a parameter to have a dedicated TV to use for replacement words.
                    • 788 Posts
                    Ryan,

Regarding your feature request, would that be in place of the current behavior or in addition to, if the TV exists? Also, do you think it would be better as a TV or as a parameter in the plugin’s configuration?
                      Jesse R.
                      Illinois Wine

• 7,075 Posts
                      Ok I understand the bottom line now !
                      This would make a very good description for the Repository smiley

This plugin will automatically grab the pagetitle, alias, or menutitle of documents in the site, and use those as keywords to match against the content to perform the replace.

A dedicated TV to use for replacement words is a great idea Ryan !

MODx est l'outil id