We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 0 Posts
    i cant install or uninstall the latest doc manager i keep getting the error below. I have already tried force removing it and reinstalling it but it does not play nice with modx 2.1. I am using the traditional 2.1 on google chrome, pdo_mysql in installed php 5.2

/*
    * MODX Console Output
    * @date 2011-06-02 20:19:25
    */
    Could not load class: modLexiconLanguage from mysql.modlexiconlanguage.

Attempting to preserve files at /home/winmarke/public_html/dev/winnew/core/components/docmanager into archive /home/winmarke/public_html/dev/winnew/core/packages/docmanager-2.1-beta6/modMenu/151749bd562431eec9f839f7eebd66c7.1.preserved.zip

Workspace environment initiated, now installing package...

Attempting to install package with signature: docmanager-2.1-beta6

Could not load vehicle!

Grabbing package workspace...

Could not load vehicle!

Could not load class: modLexiconTopic from mysql.modlexicontopic.

Package found...now preparing to install.

Attempting to preserve files at /home/winmarke/public_html/dev/winnew/assets/components/docmanager into archive /home/winmarke/public_html/dev/winnew/core/packages/docmanager-2.1-beta6/modMenu/151749bd562431eec9f839f7eebd66c7.0.preserved.zip

Successfully installed package docmanager-2.1-beta6

/* EOF */
    • Can you install other packages?

To me it seems like your core is missing some classes which probably happened during installation or upgrade.

If you’re on MODX 2.1.0-pl (or earlier) you can try updating to 2.1.1-pl as well, there are a few bugfixes in there of which one is related to the package manager (though that one would show itself when downloading a package, not when installing).
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
        • 0 Posts
        I have exactly the same problem with docManager in Modx2.1.0-rc4 and 2.1.1-pl

Having the same error on two different servers and localhost as well.
          • 0 Posts
          When I try to uninstall have this in console:
          Problem instantiating object from vehicle
          Could not load class: modLexiconTopic from mysql.modlexicontopic.
          Removed modMenu instance with primary key docmanager
          Problem instantiating object from vehicle
          Package found. Preparing to uninstall.
          Could not load class: modLexiconLanguage from mysql.modlexiconlanguage.
          Finding package with signature: docmanager-2.1-beta6
          Removed modAction instance with primary key 69
          Removing files in file resolver: //core/components/docmanager
          Recoverable error: Object of class xPDOObjectVehicle could not be converted to string
          Removing files in file resolver: //assets/components/docmanager
          Removed modNamespace instance with primary key docmanager
          PHP notice: Object of class xPDOObjectVehicle to string conversion
          Error uninstalling package with signature: Object
            • 247 Posts
            +1. Running 2.1.1 on serveral sites and I have no trouble with other packages but this one fails to install/uninstall every time. Same type of errors. Bummer too, cause Batcher doesn’t seem to offer any parent-based batch actions and I remember the old Docmanager doing that.
            • I’m going to guess DocManager hasn’t been fixed for 2.1.

Now that I look at this again - modLexiconTopic doesn’t look like something I use when developing addons and may have been something for one of the earlier releases of Revo.. Looks like DocManager was devved by Shaun who also works on Batcher, so I doubt that will receive an update in the near future. You’d better try requesting the feature you need from Batcher at https://github.com/splittingred/Batcher/issues
                Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
                • 247 Posts
                Good point, hadn’t noticed it was the same developer, which would certainly explain it. Thx for the tip.
                  • 0 Posts
                  Any idea on how to manually remove the component?
                  • When you uninstalled it from the package manager, what traces are there still that you want to get rid of?

From the console log math-u posted that seems to me that anything that existed in the first place was removed.

• 25 Posts
                      Anyone figure out how to get rid of this misbehaving package? I made the mistake of installing and ended up with errors galore and no way to delete through normal means. I manually removed the /core/packages and cleared it from the package list but there is still a Components docmanager_desc menu item that is orphaned. I suppose I could just wait until the package is updated to work since it isn’t causing any harm but would prefer it gone completely.

Hopefully a feature is added to Revolution to not allow package updates until compatibility with the modx version is first confirmed by the developer or community.