We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 9 Posts
    Hi,

I have searched for a word and repaced it with another word (string search, string replace).
    Result: The [[*content]] field was empty.

Environment:
    MODx Revolution 2.0.6-pl (traditional), System Linux dd12536 2.6.25.20-25.1-pae #1 SMP 2009-03-12 13:13:03 +0100 i686, PHP Version 5.2.12, MySQL 5.0.83, pdo_mysql, PDO Driver for MySQL, client library version 5.0.83, Firefox Mac 3.6.13,

Yours
    Smelling Salts
      • 82 Posts
      Maybe this is obvious to everyone else but me, but it took me a while to find out how to launch Janitor, and there’s nothing about this in the documentation. Janitor creates a new Manager menu called Components (unless you already have it I suppose -- I didn’t). You’ll find Janitor in there.

Also, it would be more convenient to have the docs in PDF or HTML format so that you don’t have to launch OpenOffice. Not that I’m not grateful for what looks like a ton of work and useful tools (haven’t tried them yet)! Thanks!
        • 3,975 Posts
        Quote from: smelling at Jan 06, 2011, 10:44 AM

Hi,

I have searched for a word and repaced it with another word (string search, string replace).
        Result: The [[*content]] field was empty.

Environment:
        MODx Revolution 2.0.6-pl (traditional), System Linux dd12536 2.6.25.20-25.1-pae #1 SMP 2009-03-12 13:13:03 +0100 i686, PHP Version 5.2.12, MySQL 5.0.83, pdo_mysql, PDO Driver for MySQL, client library version 5.0.83, Firefox Mac 3.6.13,

Yours
        Smelling Salts

It was known bug, https://github.com/shamblett/janitor/issues/closed#issue/5

Fixed in Github, will be released by author anytime soon I believe.
          Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
          • 1,336 Posts
          Also, it would be more convenient to have the docs in PDF...
          This is a good idea, I can supply PDF easily, taicket raised in github.
            Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
            • 138 Posts
            Thanks a lot for this very useful package!!

Do you think it is possible to implement the search-tool as start-page of the janitor instead of the welcome-page? In our case the search-tool is the most used part of janitor. Therefore it would be perfect when the search-tool is already in front when starting the janitor? The welcome-page is nice for the first visit but afterwards we do not need it anymore smiley

Is it also possible to start the search by clicking on the return-buttom after typing in the word to be searched? In our setting the search starts only by clicking with the mouse on search-button.

Thanks a lot again!!
              • 1,336 Posts
              Hi Letti,

OK, the prob with this is that another user may want the database page or the backup page as the first page, I’ll see if I can think of a way to allow custom ordering of the pages so you can specify this somehow as a more generic solution to this.

OK, yep, ticket raised in github, tagged for next version.
                • 138 Posts
                That would be perfect. Thanks a lot. Maybe as a property? Can you meanwhile tell us how we can change this in the source-code?
                  • 1,336 Posts
                  Yep, in the file /assets/components/janitor/js/janitor.js look for the tab layout code halfway down the file, starting
                  JN.panel.Home = function(config) {

You’ll see entries for ’’jn-panel-welcome’ and ’jn-panel-docfinder’, just swap these around, putting the docfinder tab first, you can actually re-order these any way you want.

• 138 Posts
                    Thanks a lot. Worked very fine. For future version of course it would be great to have the cursor already in the searchfield when opening the janitor-search-tab. But I know how much work it needs to build up such a tool... Therefore thanks a lot again!
                      • 1,336 Posts
                      Yep, I’ve added this to the ticket I raised earlier, these maybe minor things but they do add a bit of polish here and there.