We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Will there be support to allow web users the ability to add images to the gallery via a front end upload page? Something similar to how maxigallery worked? It would be nice to be able to have interaction from a small community based site to allow users to add images.
      Ross Sivills - MD AugmentBLU Edinburgh, Scotland UK
      AugmentBLU - MODX Partner

BLUcart - MODX Revolution E-Commerce & Shopping Cart
      • 56 Posts
      One wishlist item for me is a way to say which image from a certain gallery should be used as the thumbnail when listing all of the galleries.

Just starting to use this plugin and so far I like what I see, thanks Shaun!
        • 56 Posts
        Having an issue trying to use the If snippet in conjunction with the gallery item placeholders.

Here’s what I’m doing:
        [[!If? &subject=`[[+galitem.name]]` &operator=`is` &operand=`Hydrangea` &then=`yes, '[[+galitem.name]]'!` &else=`nope, '[[+galitem.name]]'`]]

When the item name is ’Hydrangea’, it outputs ’nope, ’Hydrangea’’. Very confusing. I’m sure the subject matches the operand for the given operator, but for some reason If doesn’t think so. Is it parsing the value of the parameter too late when evaluating?
          • 159 Posts
          Quote from: splittingred at Aug 19, 2010, 08:04 PM

New in 1.0.0

• Added fix to prevent uploading of files with spaces in names, converts old files to non-space names
          • Now respects Revolution xhtml_urls setting for ampersands
          • Fixed ampersand issue in Gallery URLs

I think there’s still a bug this time with spaces in paths.

When i’m trying to upload an image to an album (Components> Gallery> Album: SOMENAME > Upload Itam),
          i get an Error: ’An error occurred while trying to upload the item.’

and this is the error log output:
          (ERROR @ /modx/assets/components/gallery/connector.php) [Gallery] An error occurred while trying to upload the file: D:\WebSite Development\server\xampp\tmp\php2852.tmp to D:/WebSiteDevelopment/server/xampp/htdocs/modx/assets/components/gallery/files/2010/10/62231_424573019631_566639631_5130233_7671394_n.jpg

i think the space in the path (D:\WebSite Development) is causing this error. i might be wrong (:
          either way i’d like to know how to resolve this if someone knows.

_
          Posted on GitHub aswell: http://github.com/splittingred/Gallery/issues#issue/41
            Michael Shraibman( gOmp)  | Freelance Design & Development | wink  impossible is nothing...
            • 18 Posts
            I am having an issue where Gallery wont create albums. It will stay on the wait screen for hours.
              • 159 Posts
              Quote from: gOmp at Oct 17, 2010, 03:35 PM

I think there’s still a bug this time with spaces in paths.

When i’m trying to upload an image to an album (Components> Gallery> Album: SOMENAME > Upload Itam),
              i get an Error: ’An error occurred while trying to upload the item.’

and this is the error log output:
              (ERROR @ /modx/assets/components/gallery/connector.php) [Gallery] An error occurred while trying to upload the file: D:\WebSite Development\server\xampp\tmp\php2852.tmp to D:/WebSiteDevelopment/server/xampp/htdocs/modx/assets/components/gallery/files/2010/10/62231_424573019631_566639631_5130233_7671394_n.jpg

i think the space in the path (D:\WebSite Development) is causing this error. i might be wrong (:
              either way i’d like to know how to resolve this if someone knows.

_
              Posted on GitHub aswell: http://github.com/splittingred/Gallery/issues#issue/41

UPDATE: After installing the server platform and modx from scratch to a directory without spaces the upload worked fine.
              so it’s definitely a spacing isuss. just to notice.
                Michael Shraibman( gOmp)  | Freelance Design & Development | wink  impossible is nothing...
                • 56 Posts
                I’ve also had issues when using both the batch uploader and the item uploader. I originally uploaded most of the album items via the batch uploader (uploaded to a different directory than the default files/2010/10), but then wanted to add some more. I thought initially that I could do this by redoing the batch upload, but this duplicated my existing photos as well as adding the new ones (could this be fixed so it just finds the new ones?).
                So I deleted the duplicates, then next time I needed to add more I used the single Upload Item option (which goes to the default files/2010/10 directory). Somehow using the combination of both caused some confusion, because in the database all the item paths go to the default directory, and most of those that were in the original batch upload directory showed as broken links in IE (not Chrome though, to add to the confusion!).

In future I’ll make sure I put batch uploaded files in the default directory, but ideally I’d like to have my different album images in different directories, and would love to be able to batch upload to existing albums without duplicating the existing images.
                  • 61 Posts
                  I try to use the "Batch Upload" from windows PC, but when I put the path directory (example: C:\temp) appear this error "Directory not found", in linux PC the "batch Upload" work fine, but failed in windows.

tnx and sorry for my english.
                  • Did you try "C:/tmp", since web stuff usually works on a UNIX-style path.
                      Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                      Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                      Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                      • 61 Posts
                      Quote from: sottwell at Nov 08, 2010, 06:15 PM

Did you try "C:/tmp", since web stuff usually works on a UNIX-style path.

Yes i try with "C:/temp" with and without quotes and I have the same issue