We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 204 Posts
    My only suggestion would be to include the plugin.txt file.

I was hoping to use mm_requireFields (http://modxcms.com/extras/package/256) too, but adding this results in a blank page. Anyone know of another solution?

I also added Maxigallery backend manager but when ever I open a page I get a pop-up error:

ManagerManager: An error has occurred: TypeError - $("iframe") is null

I hit OK and everything else seems to be more or less as expected. Any ideas? undecided
      • 1,010 Posts
      I was hoping to use mm_requireFields (http://modxcms.com/extras/package/256) too, but adding this results in a blank page. Anyone know of another solution?

Just starting to look at the new MM and quickly updated the mm_requireFields function. See attached. just drop it in the managermanager/functions/ folder. Haven’t tested it extensively so let me know if you run into trouble.

I am experiencing a problem with MM though. I use the content history plugin and it doesn’t like MM. When I enable MM I get a javascript error when I try to view the revisions. I haven’t figured out what does and what doesn’t work yet but the error I get sofar in firebug is ’el is null’ in CH’s toggler function when you click on ’show’ revisions on the CH section. I’ll investigate further when there’s time but if anyone else has a clue.....
        • 327 Posts
        Some of the checks required by plugins has changed with the changes from 0.9.7 -> 1.0.0

The plugin template and shipped plugins have been updated - you’ll need to update in the same way.

Full validation (including required fields) is in progress for the next version...

As for clashes with other plugins - I haven’t done any extensive testing for clashes. The JS which the plugin outputs has been written to try and avoid any clashes with anything else, but perhaps if other plugins modify the page DOM too there could be clashes.
          Author: ManagerManager plugin - customise your ModX manager interface

Rckt - web development, Sheffield, UK
          • 327 Posts
          Quote from: islander at Sep 15, 2009, 09:37 PM

My only suggestion would be to include the plugin.txt file.
          Shouldn’t be missing?

Try this version, which is uploaded and awaiting approval in the repository.

• 204 Posts
            @TobyL: The new mm_requireFields function is working fine, thanks.

@ncrossland: The new package looks fine, and is working great, thank you too. smiley

Any body have any ideas as to the javascript error in Maxigallery backend manager that is causing the:

• 327 Posts
              Quote from: islander at Sep 16, 2009, 08:50 AM

Any body have any ideas as to the javascript error in Maxigallery backend manager that is causing the:

I’m not sure where that code is coming from as there’s no iframe detection in MM - but if it’s trying to use jQuery, this is now referenced as $j instead of $ to avoid conflicts with MooTools.

• 204 Posts
                The code from mg_backend_manager.php is:

<?php

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                // mm_widget_mg_backend_manager
                //---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                function mm_widget_mg_backend_manager($docid='', $title = '', $roles='', $templates='') {

global $modx, $content, $manager_theme;
                	$e = &$modx->Event;

if (useThisRule($roles, $templates)) {

$title = empty($title) ? "Edit Gallery" : $title;

$output = "//  -------------- mg_backend_manager widget include ------------- \n";

$output .= <<<HTML
                		var iFramesS = document.getElementsByTagName('iframe');
                		function iResize()
                		{
                				iFrames[0].style.height = iFrames[0].contentWindow.document.body.scrollHeight + 'px';
                		}
                		$('iframe').load(function()
                			{
                				setTimeout(iResize, 0);
                			}
                		);
                HTML;

mm_createTab($title, 'mgmanager', '', '', 'If the tab is empty, please, click here to <a onclick="saveRefreshPreview();" href="#"> Save and Refresh</a><iframe id="mgmanager" src="'.$modx->config['site_url'].'/?id='.$docid.'&mmgal_id='.$_GET['id'].'" height="500" width="100%" scrolling="yes" frameborder="0"></iframe>');

}
                	$e->output($output . "\n");
                }

?>

I tried to just change $(’iframe’).load(function() to $j(’iframe’).load(function() but end up with a different error. undecided

Any clues?
                  • 15 Posts
                  Hello

I’m tried to install MM version 0.3.4 on Evo. Then I had an SQL error in the manager (when I open a page) or in MM editor:
                  « MODx Parse Error »
                  MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
                  « Execution of a query to the database failed - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ’-1_site_tmplvars ORDER BY name ASC’ at line 1 »
                  SQL: SELECT name,type,id FROM modx-1_site_tmplvars ORDER BY name ASC

My table prefix was ’modx-1_’, then I rename ’modx1_’ and now MM work fine! I don’t why i had this error (on 2 different installations, with the same table prefix). But it’s fix. smiley

Thx for your plugin.
                    • 327 Posts
                    Quote from: islander at Sep 16, 2009, 02:44 PM

I tried to just change $(’iframe’).load(function() to $j(’iframe’).load(function() but end up with a different error. undecided

Any clues?

I’m afraid you’ll have to ask the author of the extension...

• 327 Posts
                      Quote from: popboy at Sep 16, 2009, 06:00 PM

Hello

I’m tried to install MM version 0.3.4 on Evo. Then I had an SQL error in the manager (when I open a page) or in MM editor:
                      « MODx Parse Error »
                      MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
                      « Execution of a query to the database failed - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ’-1_site_tmplvars ORDER BY name ASC’ at line 1 »
                      SQL: SELECT name,type,id FROM modx-1_site_tmplvars ORDER BY name ASC

My table prefix was ’modx-1_’, then I rename ’modx1_’ and now MM work fine! I don’t why i had this error (on 2 different installations, with the same table prefix). But it’s fix. smiley

Thx for your plugin.

I think the problem is with using the "-" symbol in a table name. It is probably being treated as subtraction by MySQL. Where this error is coming from, ManagerManager is using the ModX API - so perhaps the API doesn’t escape the table names (which would prevent it causing an error).

So basically - as you’ve discovered avoiding hyphens in your table name will avoid this issue.