We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2,314 Posts
    i think this widget is new, too:
    mm_widget_accessdenied($ids, $message, $roles)

Denies access to specific documents (by ID) without inheritance.

For example, if the parent document has some Ditto call (which you do not want a user to edit) but want to allow them to create child documents.

no, it’s not...how could i miss that? rolleyes
      • 964 Posts
      Great thanks, all I needed to start using 1.0 in production...
        MODX Revo Tutorials:  www.modxperience.com

MODX Professional Partner
      • In the docs it says this:

Note: It is suggested that you disable the ShowImageTVs plugin, and use the mm_widget_showimagetvs widget instead, e.g. add this line to your rules:
        mm_widget_showimagetvs();

It’s just a technicality, but ShowImageTVs plugin is now called: Image TV Preview

I assume the same rule applies however?
        • I erased my previous attempt at installing this when Evo came out and reinstalled according to the instructions.

I saw the Roles & Templates tab upon saving it.

The moment I edit a page in the site with ManagerManager active I get this error at the bottom:

\n \n

\n \n ’; var boxHtml = new MooPrompt(’System Alert’, sysAlert, { buttons: 1, button1: ’Ok’, width: 500 }); });

And the Roles & Templates tab disappears.

I am using SmoothGallery on this site through MaxiGallery 0.6.

I imagine then that there is a conflict with MooTools.

I don’t quite understand how to create a no-conflict situation.

Anyone have any experience with that?
          • I’m getting this error still even without Maxigallery so I don’t think it’s Maxi:

\n \n

\n \n ’; var boxHtml = new MooPrompt(’System Alert’, sysAlert, { buttons: 1, button1: ’Ok’, width: 500 }); });

But still, it looks like a Mootools conflict?
              • 327 Posts
              MM shouldn’t conflict even if there are MooTools things in place.

Does this message stop if you disable MM?
                Author: ManagerManager plugin - customise your ModX manager interface

Rckt - web development, Sheffield, UK
              • Quote from: ncrossland at Sep 10, 2009, 08:05 AM

MM shouldn’t conflict even if there are MooTools things in place.

Does this message stop if you disable MM?

Yes it does. The moment I disable the plugin the message goes away. Happened on a fresh install as well as an upgrade (the upgrade was from 0.9.6.3 under which ManagerManager was fine). I wiped out the old managermanager folder and uploaded the new one and replaced the plugin code with the new one.

Perhaps I don’t know what I’m doing (it does happen!). I’ve read this:

// ManagerManager requires jQuery 1.3+
                // The URL to the jQuery library. Choose from the configuration tab whether you want to use
                // a local copy (which defaults to the jQuery library distributed with ModX 1.0.1)
                // a remote copy (which defaults to the Google Code hosted version)
                // or specify a URL to a custom location.
                // Here we set some default values, because this is a convenient place to change them if we need to,
                // but you should configure your preference via the Configuration tab.

But don’t quite understand what I’m supposed to do and how to configure the preference in the Configuration tab.

System Info:

LAMP
                MySQL: 5.0.45-community
                PHP: 5.2.9
                  • 327 Posts
                  OK, for some reason it looks like I’ve uploaded the wrong version of the install doc - I rewrote most of the one you see.

You need to:

1) Elements -> Manage elements -> Plugins -> ManagerManager -> edit
                  2) On the "Configuration" tab, paste the following into the "Plugin configuration" field

&config_chunk=Configuration Chunk;text; &remove_deprecated_tv_types_pref=Remove deprecated TV types;list;yes,no;yes &which_jquery=jQuery source;list;local (assets/js),remote (google code),manual url (specify below);local (assets/js) &js_src_type=jQuery URL override;text; 

3) Press "Update Parameter Display"
                  4) All your options are now set from this interface - you can choose whether you use a local or remote source for jQuery. Remote is the safest default, if you’re not sure.

I will find my updated copy...

• Quote from: ncrossland at Sep 10, 2009, 02:22 PM

OK, for some reason it looks like I’ve uploaded the wrong version of the install doc - I rewrote most of the one you see.

You need to:

1) Elements -> Manage elements -> Plugins -> ManagerManager -> edit
                    2) On the "Configuration" tab, paste the following into the "Plugin configuration" field

&config_chunk=Configuration Chunk;text; &remove_deprecated_tv_types_pref=Remove deprecated TV types;list;yes,no;yes &which_jquery=jQuery source;list;local (assets/js),remote (google code),manual url (specify below);local (assets/js) &js_src_type=jQuery URL override;text; 

3) Press "Update Parameter Display"
                    4) All your options are now set from this interface - you can choose whether you use a local or remote source for jQuery. Remote is the safest default, if you’re not sure.

I will find my updated copy...

Thanks. That did it for both sites.
                      • 327 Posts
                      Here’s an amended version with correct instructions, and one or two minor amends.

If there are no major issues I’ll upload to the official repository.

Updated - see post 44 of this thread for latest version