We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 105 Posts
    This may have something to do with why it was showing ’Access Denied’ before.

Instead of leaving the user group "Administrator" named the way it was, I had changed it to "Administrator - Group".
    I had also changed the names of the roles. So "Super User" was changed to "Admin - Role" and "Member" was changed to "Anyone".

The reason this is important is because when you install Quip, it will automatically create a Context Access for you in your user group Administrator, with a minimum role of Member. Since I had changed the names of the user group and role, it didn’t do this automatically.

I still can’t see the unapproved comments on the correct tab and there are still the wierd goings ons, mentioned above.

Edit:
    I can now see the unapproved comments on the Unapproved Comments tab. I had to add this to my snippet call because my user group for administrators had been changed from "Administrator" to "Administrator - Group":
    &moderatorGroup=`Administrator - Group`
      You may or may not want to use the code I write. It's probably all against the syntax rules of php and MODx. smiley

Carpet Cleaning
    • Thanks for the posts... was able to get access taken care of... is there a way to limit the quip resources to a specific context, so that when a mgr who has access to only one context, can only see quip moderation for that one context.

thanks for your help.
        "Give a company a website, and they will be successful for now...
        Give a company a long-term web strategy, and they will be successful for a lifetime."

Company Website: http://www.orbitalalliance.com
        Company Blog: http://www.orbitalalliance.com/blog
        • 61 Posts
        Thanks for sharing your finds heavensbest - very, very useful!
          • 32 Posts
          Quote from: orbitalalliance at Sep 16, 2011, 07:13 PM
          Thanks for the posts... was able to get access taken care of... is there a way to limit the quip resources to a specific context, so that when a mgr who has access to only one context, can only see quip moderation for that one context.

thanks for your help.

I'm interested in this as well, is there any one who knows the solution for this.

(i know this is a very old thread but I thought I should give it a try anyway)