We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    well yes and no. Wxwidgets does work under osx it may require fiddeling with the code though.
      • 96 Posts
      Quote from: rthrash at Jul 20, 2005, 02:59 AM

does that mean it might work on OS X, too?

It should compile on MacOS whithout any changes smiley (btw, can I store temporary files in /tmp on MacOS?)

The problem is building and setting up wxWidgets so that it works with your compiler. For me, this was a nightmare in Windows (also because there are many different compilers, IDEs, etc); and a dream in Linux, because all the dirty work is done by "configure" and "wx-config".

What about MacOS X? Reading wxWidgets documentation I’m expecting something between Windows and Linux... I’m waiting to have a Mac at my disposal, and try (yes, I’m veeery curious!)
        • 1 Posts
        well I’ not sure everything your little app does but I know of the audacity project and they had to recode some of thier stuff to work on the macs. I dont think it was anything major but little things needed to be done ot get things to work. Now you may be correct in that it mostly involved the compiler environment I dont really know but i do know that it does run under osx.
          • 577 Posts
          osx should have gdc 3.3 now for 10.4 ... haven’t looked to check though.

also, beware!
          osx is NOT case sensitiVe.

cheers
            Tangent-Warrior smiley
          • Isn’t Tiger case sensitive? (none before were, I am fairly certain)
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 577 Posts
              no, it’s not.

I just tried making 2 new folders.
              1.) aaa
              2.) AAA <<< got an error for the name "AAA" being already taken.

However, it seems that Apple might have gotten smart and prevents the name being over written. Expecially in the case of that header.pm (.pm huh) being over written by the various compile it yourself folks. ewww, that was such a pain.
                Tangent-Warrior smiley
              • perl module. Something to do with the make scripts, I think. I’m not a perl guru, though.
                  Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                  Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                  Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                  • 577 Posts
                  ahhh, yes that was it. Nasty little thing to deal with for sure.

hehe, no more perl stuff for recently ... too hooked on PHP smiley
                    Tangent-Warrior smiley
                    • 70 Posts
                    Quote from: Commodore64 at Jul 12, 2005, 02:50 AM

* the quality of images has been considerably improved. FotoReporter is now using GD2 to resize images

Where and how can I set up the better quality for resized images? I’m a photographer and need excellent images without any JPG’s artefacts.
                      • 96 Posts
                      Quote from: bugaev at Sep 16, 2005, 07:57 PM

Where and how can I set up the better quality for resized images? I’m a photographer and need excellent images without any JPG’s artefacts.

Hi bugaev,

I’m afraid you cannot obtain a better image quality with FotoReporter; but you can still use SimpleViewer to show your images, resizing them by yourself.

If you want, you can use the FotoReporter snippet simply as a wrapper for SimpleViewer. You could even generate your album with FotoReporter and then replace only your picture files.