We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 616 Posts
    memory limit is set to 64M and the content of the config file is:
    <?php
    define ('MODX_CORE_PATH', MODX_INSTALL_PATH . 'core/');
    define ('MODX_CONFIG_KEY', 'config');
    define ('MODX_SETUP_KEY', '@traditional');

• Are you sure there are no errors in your PHP error_log that is part of MAMP? Do you have eAccelerator or APC enabled? If so try disabling it for setup/. Otherwise, we have no idea what the problem is as we cannot reproduce it on MAMP or with the latest MacPorts installations.
        • 616 Posts
        eAccelerator was running - disabled it - still no success.
        no error in php log

mamp shows the following though in the console messages:

7/29/09 7:11:54 AM com.apple.coreservicesd[49] NOTE: Using non-mach-based version of client -> server communication, via direct function calls.
          • 4,149 Posts
          Seems like a problem with your Mac HD:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1472913&tstart=33

Or some other internal problem.
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 375 Posts
            Quote from: FuryDE at Jul 28, 2009, 09:23 AM

Thanks!

But it still does not work. All required directories are writeable, config-file is writable (DB connection is stored), the suPHP directive throws a different error, so I won’t need it.

I’ll try it on a different hoster’s server.

Martin
            Well, I installed it on a server of a different hoster now, and all was like I expected: Installation ran perfectly smiley
              • 145 Posts
              I try to install beta-3 traditional and noticed still the same problem with permissions.

When setting permissions according to http://svn.modxcms.com/docs/display/revolution/Fresh+Installation it will end up early in the setup process, with a blank page and the installation fails @ /setup/index.php?action=options

"/[root]", "/core/packages","/core/cache", "/core/export", "/manager", "/connectors" and "/core/config/config.inc.php"

The only way I can get the installation to work is when setting all folders to 777, "Core installation was successful. Click continue to complete the installation process."

This makes me feel that there is one more directories that should be writable.

According to the install documentation run setup first, then IF you get a blank screen set all the necessary permissions. Shouldn’t it be the other way around (first permissions then run setup) or is MODx supposed to change all the permissions itself?

It would be nice to have a clear step by step instruction with separated traditional and advanced instruction.

For now I will go with the all 777 folders to experience the revolution.

eni
              • eerne:

This is just a problem with the setup program for the traditional package and we will get it addressed; but can you make sure there is a JIRA ticket for this, just to make sure we don’t miss it?

Thanks!
                  • 145 Posts
                  @Opengeek

I didn’t find a bug about my permission problem and the traditional installation process.

added new issue here:
                  http://svn.modxcms.com/jira/browse/MODX-1080
                    • 14 Posts
                    Hello,

I have a similar problem while installing the revo beta 3.

I get a white/blank page when i reach the /setup/index.php?action=install page

I’ve tried with several browser, Firefox 3.5.2, IE8, Opera 9
                    I have set every folder writable.
                    I ve set memory_limit to 128M
                    I ve set max_execution_time to 600

My server setup :
                    FreeBSD 6.1
                    php 5.2.8
                    mysql 5.1.12-beta

Any idea ? huh
                      • 145 Posts
                      @wapy

do you install traditional or advanced?

is it a shared server?

note:
                      I had to completely remove all files after a failed installation.

eni