We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,193 Posts
    I get this error on my site when I make a call for the NewsListing Snippet:

Fatal error: Cannot use [] for reading in /home/scottyd/public_html/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(770) : regexp code on line 1
      Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
      All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
      • 3,250 Posts
      Can you post the snippet call?
        • 1,193 Posts
        Quote from: Mark at Oct 29, 2005, 04:50 AM

Can you post the snippet call?

[[NewsListing? &startID=`7` &summarize=`2` &total=`20`]]

also tried this

[[NewsListing?id=7]]

both generate the error.
        If nothing else works, I may just delete the folders assets and manager, then reupload tomorrow.

-sD-
          Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.

• I would just replace the NewsListing snippet first.
            Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
            Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
            Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
            • 1,193 Posts
            Quote from: sottwell at Oct 29, 2005, 08:06 AM

I would just replace the NewsListing snippet first.

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried. I even copied and pasted the snippet from the MODx demo site at http://demo.opensourcecms.com/modx/manager/ without success. I am sure that I fudged it in the copying process. thanks for your replies everyone.

-sD-

• What kind of server are you on? Is this happenning with the new 0.9.0 release?
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 1,193 Posts
                Quote from: rthrash at Oct 29, 2005, 04:45 PM

What kind of server are you on? Is this happenning with the new 0.9.0 release?

MODx v. 0.9.0
                Apache version 1.3.33 (Unix)
                PHP 4.3.11  phpinfo()
                Linux server

Today I FTP’d into my server, backed up, then deleted all MODx files and folders, then uploaded fresh copies (from both the .zip and tar.gz) and reinstalled using the upgrade option.  Still gives the same error, so I deleted the NewsListing Snippet, reinstalled again... Same error.  I am thinking I may have to downgrade to TP3.2.

-sD-

• If you want to PM me with some login/ftp access, I could take a look at it. I suspect somethings’ off somewhere.

If it’s the original newslisting snippet, then all bets are off. Is this with the 0.9.0 NewsListing snippet, or customized one?
                    Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                    Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                    • 1,193 Posts
                    Everything is original. I actually even deleted all my snippets, then reinstalled using the MODx installer.

I sent a PM.

• 3,250 Posts
                      Try this to see if its the install script.

Install a fresh version of MODx 0.9.0 on your server and choose install default site. If the blog section of the default site runs then we know its a problem with the upgraded install.