We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 229 Posts
    @ZAP,

Go back to the site, go into the "Gallery" and click on one of the "Read More..." tags. It should open up a new page, but the photos aren’t showing up. Now, hover over any other item in the navbar and you can see what I mean. I have tried this with Opera, Safari, and IE7 and the same problem shows up. It is appending the current page onto the url for the next link you want to go to.

Let me know if you can see what it is doing now, or if it is just something on my end. I thought it was maybe an .htaccess problem, but it is still the default from the install... I can’t figure what it is doing, but what does the resource browser settings in the configuration need to be?

EDIT: I appears as though when you go into the main gallery page, or any "main" page, if you travel into a "child" page, then the url is appended for the entire site, both in the navbar and the base_url. Take a look at the page code and you can see what I mean. I’m not sure why this is happening.

For example, if you go to the "fire safety" page, then click on the "fire safety inspection program", once you are on the fire safety inspection program page, all urls have been rewritten as if they are http://www.unionky911.org/fire-safety so if you want to go back "home" is is appended like this: http://www.unionky911.org/fire-safety/home.html
      • 24,544 Posts
      Quote from: ejcross at Sep 24, 2007, 07:45 PM

Here is a strange one...

On your home page in IE6, I see part of a comment tag just to the right of the word "Navigation."
      -->

There may be some code that’s running that’s supposed to be commented out.

Offhand, I don’t see how that could cause your problem, but you might try validating your code again and fixing it just in case.

Bob

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 229 Posts
        @bobray,

I just noticed that and it was where I commented out the Weblogin part of the navbar. I have since deleted it to completely avoid any problems. I think that was the only thing running any scripts on the page and it should be gone now.
          • 1,611 Posts
          Quote from: ejcross at Sep 24, 2007, 08:09 PM

@ZAP,

Go back to the site, go into the "Gallery" and click on one of the "Read More..." tags. It should open up a new page, but the photos aren’t showing up. Now, hover over any other item in the navbar and you can see what I mean. I have tried this with Opera, Safari, and IE7 and the same problem shows up. It is appending the current page onto the url for the next link you want to go to.

Let me know if you can see what it is doing now, or if it is just something on my end. I thought it was maybe an .htaccess problem, but it is still the default from the install... I can’t figure what it is doing, but what does the resource browser settings in the configuration need to be?

Your base_href tag is changed to <base href="http://www.unionky911.org/gallery/" /> on the Gallery page, so that’s why this is happening. Check your template and see what you’ve got in there that’s not behaving as you expect. I don’t think there’s any reason not to hard-code <base href="http://www.unionky911.org/" /> in there anyway (one less thing for the parser to do).
            "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn&#39;t very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
            • 229 Posts
            Ok, I corrected that portion and now the base href in each template is http://www.unionky911.org but the same thing is still happening. When you go to a main page, and then go to the child, it is appending it to the url. I have cleared the site cache, browser cache and tried it in several browsers and the same thing is happening...am I going nuts here? grin
              • 1,611 Posts
              Looks like WayFinder and MaxiGallery are both using the wrong thing for their base_href, which makes me think that you should try hard-coding site_url, base_path, and base_url in your config.inc.php file. I don’t remember under what circumstances the autodetect code in there can be a problem, but maybe that’s what you’re experiencing. You can try searching the forums for more specific info, since I thought this was fixed in the latest release but what you’re describing sounds just like what I remember happening before.

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
                • 229 Posts
                @ZAP

Where would I code those as I don’t see where they would go in the config.inc file...
                  • 1,611 Posts
                  Quote from: ejcross at Sep 24, 2007, 11:38 PM

@ZAP

Where would I code those as I don’t see where they would go in the config.inc file...

You could do it a lot of ways, but one of them would be to set $site_url, $base_path, and $base_url to what they should be for your site just before this block of code:

if (!defined('MODX_BASE_PATH')) define('MODX_BASE_PATH', $base_path);
                  if (!defined('MODX_BASE_URL')) define('MODX_BASE_URL', $base_url);
                  if (!defined('MODX_SITE_URL')) define('MODX_SITE_URL', $site_url);
                  if (!defined('MODX_MANAGER_PATH')) define('MODX_MANAGER_PATH', $base_path.'manager/');
                  if (!defined('MODX_MANAGER_URL')) define('MODX_MANAGER_URL', $site_url.'manager/');

• 229 Posts
                    Hardcoding the site_url, base_url, and base_path worked, however I had to set them at the top, prior to

// automatically assign base_path and base_url
                    if(empty($base_path)||empty($base_url)||$_REQUEST[’base_path’]||$_REQUEST[’base_url’]) {
                    $sapi= ’undefined’;

and now it appears to be working fine! I don’t know why it created all of the problems, was is something on my end or in the system that it just didn’t like? Or maybe was it something in the snippets of MaxiGallery and Wayfinder that relied upon those settings and somehow it was getting appended? Just curious...

The AjaxSearch still isn’t working however, so I’m not sure why it isn’t finding what it needs...any help there would be appreciated as I haven’t had any response from anyone else on it.

Anyways, thanks for all the help, now a little more cleaning up to do and it should be good to go!
                      • 1,611 Posts
                      I’m not sure why and under what circumstances that autodetect logic for the paths and base URLs fails. I thought it was a minor bug that only occurred on some servers and was resolved in the latest 0.9.6 release. If you search the forums you may find more discussion of this, and in FlySpray you will probably find the bug report and status.