We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 194 Posts
    I seem to have lost the use of the rich text editor after installing the latest ModX version. I tried installing the editor separately following the instructions and still no luck. I see that the plugin is installed but why can i not use it? Thanks
    • Just to confirm rick, this is 0.9.6.2? Also can you tell us about your environment? Thanks.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 194 Posts
        Yes, 0.9.6.2.

I am not sure exactly what you mean by environment but here are some details of the server I have it installed on:

FreeBSD 4.7; Apache/1.3.41 Ben-SSL/1.59 (Unix) PHP/4.4.4 mod_perl/1.30 AuthMySQL/2.20

I’ll be glad to supply other details if you need it.

Thanks

• 1,131 Posts
          Does the TinyMCE plugin exist in both the manager and the filesystem?

Inside the manager, check under Resources->Manage Resources->Plugins. Is there a TinyMCE plugin listed? If so, what version? If there’s more than one, try disabling all but the most recent one, which should be version 3.1.0.1a.

Also, check your /assets/plugins directory. Should be a TinyMCE folder called TinyMCE3101. If you had the same version of TinyMCE installed prior to upgrading, try deleting and reuploading just this directory from the MODx 0.9.6.2 download.
            Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
            • 194 Posts
            Yes, the plugin was listed in the manager and the file system. Under the Plugin section of the Manager there were several TinyMCE plugins listed but all were disabled except one.

I deleted the TinyMCE3101 directory and reuploaded this directory from the 0.9.6.2 download. No change.

I also deleted the disabled TinyMCE plugins using the Manager. Also no change. The TinyMCE Editor still does not show up, even though it is not disabled.

Any other ideas? Thanks!
              • 1,131 Posts
              Stay tuned. Fixin’ to upload a fresh new version of the plugin. That might fix it for ya. laugh

Jeff
                Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
                • 194 Posts
                Great, looking forward to it. In the meantime, my client is finally learning html. . .
                • Quote from: ricksterv4n1x8 at Sep 24, 2008, 08:48 PM

In the meantime, my client is finally learning html. . .

LOL! laugh
                    Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                    Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                    • 1,131 Posts
                    New version is up:

http://modxcms.com/TinyMCE-498.html

Hope this solves it. laugh

Jeff
                      Jeff Whitfield

• 194 Posts
                      That did it. Works great. Thanks!