We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 65 Posts
    If it were my choice I’d do a check for this issue and present an error notice on the manager home page... similar to if you have globals on.... Maybe distinguish it somewhat from the other errors by making it a version incompatibility notice or something with a different color or put a border around it or something. Could be a standard way to notify people that a setting is not properly configured (which should only happen during an upgrade, but would be useful regardless).

This would avoid the mistake of changing people’s settings (in case they have customized things) but would notify them of the issue. If they are savvy enough to customize things to where they don’t want to see this notice every time they log in, then they can go and comment out this notice in the code... or you could make a preference to not show notices.
    • Quote from: foniksonik at Jan 02, 2009, 05:30 PM

If it were my choice I’d do a check for this issue and present an error notice on the manager home page... similar to if you have globals on.... Maybe distinguish it somewhat from the other errors by making it a version incompatibility notice or something with a different color or put a border around it or something. Could be a standard way to notify people that a setting is not properly configured (which should only happen during an upgrade, but would be useful regardless).

This would avoid the mistake of changing people’s settings (in case they have customized things) but would notify them of the issue. If they are savvy enough to customize things to where they don’t want to see this notice every time they log in, then they can go and comment out this notice in the code... or you could make a preference to not show notices.
      Sure, I agree, in the next release we could do that. But until then, you’ll have to search in bug reports or release support for this thread when your resource browser stops working after upgrade.
        • 573 Posts
        sorry, but an obscure part of the forum.. its a little hidden. grin

something which literally breaks all sites, should be highlighted on the download page.
        • It doesn’t break all sites, though. I’ll add a note on the download page, though. smiley
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 573 Posts
              much better, thanks smiley
              • Quote from: dev_cw at Dec 30, 2008, 01:10 PM

You need to reset the Resource Path. There is a difference in how the two versions define the Resource Path. You will need to include the full path (as it was prior to 0962) rather than just the relative path. Note: you will also need to update the settings in the individual manager users if they have custom settings.

Could I get an example?

For instance, a new site I create and installed 9.6.3 has the following path:

/home/userID/domains/domain1.com/public_html/

And everything works fine. Yet on an upgrade for another domain I have this as the path:

/home/userID/domains/domain2.com/public_html/

And it doesn’t work. They look identical.
                  • 4,205 Posts
                  Each server will have it’s own path. You can see your base path in the phpinfo() output (Reports > System Info). Look for the DOCUMENT_ROOT.
                    [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
                    Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
                  • Quote from: dev_cw at Jan 04, 2009, 08:58 PM

Each server will have it’s own path. You can see your base path in the phpinfo() output (Reports > System Info). Look for the DOCUMENT_ROOT.

Thanks. It’s exactly the same path I have in the resource browser. Curious. Both sites are hosted on the same server (a shared hosting plan hence the /domains/) and I have many MODx sites on it currently. I’m getting a Error: failed to upload file, internal error... pop-up but my permissions are fine. I’m at a loss as all is as it should be. I’ll hold off on upgrading any other installs for now and may have bite the bullet with these two and redo them fresh as the clients will not like being unable to update their sites.

How does one "reset" the path? Is there any other method outside of the MODx interface?
                    • I got it.
                      I needed to add the path with /assets at the end to Resource Path field in Interface & Features settings.