We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 198 Posts
    wont it be easier just to put [~[*id~]~] tag in front of the link?
      Pure MODx sites
      Viriko.ru & Viriko.com - Multilingual and running on 1 MODx
    • Quote from: dollyp at Apr 03, 2008, 09:33 AM

I’m using version 0.9.5 and cannot upgrade yet (compatibility issues).

What issues?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • Quote from: dollyp at Apr 03, 2008, 09:33 AM

Have used all variants of the plugin siggested on this page and still all the anchors are going back to the homepage. I’m using version 0.9.5 and cannot upgrade yet (compatibility issues). any ideas fellas?
        Lot’s of possible issues here dollyp. Are you rendering the pages directly or summarizing the content containing the anchors via Ditto? If directly, did you make sure and clear the entire site cache after enabling the plugin? How are your anchor href attributes formatted? We’ll be glad to help, but try and provide a little more information if you can...
          • 8 Posts
          Thanks Vait. That did the trick.
            • 198 Posts
            btw I missed a * in the prev post
            instead of [~[*id]~] it should be [~[*id*]~]
              Pure MODx sites
              Viriko.ru & Viriko.com - Multilingual and running on 1 MODx
              • 160 Posts
              where do I actually place this code? huh
                • 150 Posts
                This is a very useful bit of code.

Silly question - why is this not default behaviour? Am I being unimaginitive in not being able to think of a scenario where this plugin wouldn’t be useful?
                  Notanotherdotcom Ltd

Web | Print | Marketing
                • Quote from: Pete at Jun 17, 2009, 02:23 PM

This is a very useful bit of code.

Silly question - why is this not default behaviour? Am I being unimaginitive in not being able to think of a scenario where this plugin wouldn’t be useful?
                  Because it’s executed on every request and anchor tags probably won’t appear on a lot of pages, it’s unnecessary processing overhead even to cached pages if you don’t need it. As default behavior this could degrade performance and unless you cannot author the pages with the proper anchor tags, it’s IMO unnecessary.
                  • thans, thanks, thanks!
                      palma non sine pulvere
                      • 2 Posts
                      undecided Hi everyone, I’m a newbie to modx and have looked all around to find where I should write this piece of code. Did I overlook anything?
                      I got to this topic as was trying to find a solution to my jQuery accordion that stoped working under modx (still haven’t solved it).
                      Thanks in advance.