We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I am using MODx version 0.9.5 RC1, (SVN Rev 1858), and utilizing the Plugin method, and it is working just fine... hmmm?

Please ensure edit_area folder still exists within /assets/plugins and that proper system events are enabled.
      Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
      MODx Ambassador / Contributor
      [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
    • After some holidays cool, I come to update my version to Rev. 1923... And in this version the plugin doesn’t work any more (FF, IE6 & IE7) >:( I’ll take a look to this problem as soon as possible...

NB : Furthermore, in this revision on IE6 the manager tabs doesn’t work anymore. But it’s another problem Edit : This problem is corrected in 0.9.5 RC2 (Rev. 1939) wink
        Ackwa - Web Design & Development agency | Tours - France | Follow me on Twitter...
      • After some tests, I found that the problem is due to a conflict between EditArea and scriptaculous/prototype.js huh With MODx 0.9.5 RC1 this file is loaded by header.php, so we must now try to understand and solve this conflict >:(
          Ackwa - Web Design & Development agency | Tours - France | Follow me on Twitter...
        • Quote from: Gildas at Nov 06, 2006, 09:45 PM

After some tests, I found that the problem is due to a conflict between EditArea and scriptaculous/prototype.js huh With MODx 0.9.5 RC1 this file is loaded by header.php, so we must now try to understand and solve this conflict >:(

Well, I’m definitely interested. I’m using RC1 and NOT having issues...how weird!

[Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart

• I’ve just made an update from SVN and I don’t understand why but the problem seem to be corrected in 0.9.5 RC2 (Rev. 1939) huh
              • Quote from: Gildas at Nov 07, 2006, 07:11 AM

Which browser do you use ? Could you also check your /manager/includes/header.php file for this line :
                     <script src="media/script/scriptaculous/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I actively test in FF 2.0 [Win] and IE6.0 [Win].

My header.inc.php (RC1) was 118 lines, and did not contain the prototype reference.

Update:
                I, too, have just upgraded my site to now use RC2, and all is well there, too. It appears that the "prototypify" script was removed from the header inclusion resulting from conflicts (such as this?) according to the SVN logs, though I may be confusing with something else.
                  [FS#646] Fix issue with non-auto-refreshing tree and other warnings resulting from removing webelm.js by adding prototype to header.inc.php
                  and this problem disappear with Rev. 1934 (07/11) :
                  * Added prototypify.js script to action pages where Prototype was interfering with the associative arrays of certain scripts related to property settings.

• Quote from: Gildas at Nov 07, 2006, 09:34 PM

You are Right... Indeed

Woo hoo! EditArea is officially back-in-action wink ...I’ve really been enjoying using within MODx, BTW.
                      Great work guys! Very nice indeed smiley
                        xWisdom
                        www.xwisdomhtml.com
                        The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
                        MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.