We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,039 Posts
    About 35% done. Stay tuned. This is getting far better than I could even imagine ;-)

Thx Bruno, incredible work so far!

• 160 Posts
      Quote from: MadeMyDay at Mar 17, 2009, 02:36 PM

Before I answer the questions, please keep in mind that this is a only concept yet where we can decide in which direction this will go. So any comments are appreciated!

Good work. I have been thinking about a similar idea ever since I came across a CMS called Concrete5 (concrete5.org). MODx is more powerful, but Concrete5 has some excellent front-end editing capabilities. I recommend trying out their front end editing features for ideas (just try their free 15 day demo http://getconcrete5.com/demo).

There are two features that I would like to see:
      1) Ability to add a chunk of content to EVERY page that shares that template.
      2) Ability to add blocks of functionality, and configure them from the front end.

For example, let’s say a client want to add a slideshow to every page. Rather than asking the developer to do it, they could edit a page, choose MaxiGallery from a list of blocks that can be added, check a few boxes to configure the snippet, check a box that says show on every page with this template, and hit save. Wouldn’t that be nice? Just something to keep in mind for the future!
        • 5,888 Posts
        1) Ability to add a chunk of content to EVERY page that shares that template.
        2) Ability to add blocks of functionality, and configure them from the front end.

the features you want to see are on the way and are working allready on my Testpage. You can create one or more bloX-Container in your template which you can fill from every page with content-bloX or function-bloX (which are nothing else as snippetcalls in an chunk, configurable with Tvs). You can configure several tabs for the Control-Center for each bloX-chunk with settings and content-elements (TVs).
        Of course you can also say I want to see this container on this page, but not on that. Go to the Control-Center in the frontend, open the tab, check ’hide this container for this page’ (if the admin has configured that). save it and you’re done..............

cheers Bruno

P.S. Marc has created a realy very nice and very functional front-end-control-center for Xedit. It makes very much fun to work with it.

-------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
          • 1,039 Posts
          All of your suggestions will be possible ;-) Stay tuned...

edit: Quick Bruno was faster ;-)
          • This looks absolutely great! - There’s not place to download this yet, right?
              MODX Ambassador for Thailand. Managing Director at Monogon, a web design and development studio based in Bangkok, Thailand. - Follow me on Twitter.
              • 1,039 Posts
              There’s not place to download this yet, right?

No, it is in development. About 50% done.
                • 156 Posts
                Woah, unbelievable work!

I can’t stand to see this finished! tongue Hope to see it soon!

BTW I have a request: what about changing the image after a chunk has been placed by clicking on it or something like this? tongue

Thanks, and againg great work!
                  • 1,039 Posts
                  BTW I have a request: what about changing the image after a chunk has been placed by clicking on it or something like this?

You mean inserting custom images? Already done. Via filebrowser (work in progress) or by drag&drop directly in your content (nearly done).
                    • 156 Posts
                    Quote from: MadeMyDay at Apr 23, 2009, 09:12 AM

You mean inserting custom images? Already done. Via filebrowser (work in progress) or by drag&drop directly in your content (nearly done).

I love you (my girlfriend will understand laugh)
                      • 160 Posts
                      I was wondering what the current status of this project is. Do you have a date you expect to finish? I’m excited about trying it out!