We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 177 Posts
    Hi

Has anyone else got this issue (and solved it)

On fresh installs of 1.0.2 the link list does not appear when creating a link on the page.

The plug in configuration tab for Tiny MCE has Link List enabled, so I *think* it should work OK, but can’t get it to appear.

TinyMCE is version 3241. Have looked at their forum in case but didn’t see anything.

Any ideas?

Mark

[Solved, sort of]
    Between 0963 and 102 the link list seems to have been updated to use the sorted link list
    from ncrossland
    http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,15537.0.html

However, for reasons I can’t work out yet, this doesn’t work with the way we have our sites configured.
    Managed to get the link list working again by going back to the original ’flat’ listing
    by renaming tinymce.linklist.flat.php to tinymce.linklist.php

Just putting this out there in case anyone has the issue
      • 12 Posts
      My link list went missing on modx 1.0.3. after a cache clearing in the manager. Since I had customized TinyMCE with spellcheck -- something requiring cache to work correctly -- on a hunch here’s what I did (and it worked)

1. in modx/manager > config > choose different tinymce set ups (simple, advanced, creative etc.) - save and then go edit a token page. You won’t get the link list.

2. logout of modx and clear your browser cache

3. log back in and re-select your original configuration (tinymce "custom" in my case) and save

4. The link list returned.

I think it may be a cache issue only...
      • Magnatron [Maarten Wolzak] Reply #3, 13 years, 6 months ago
        You might want to check line 36 of /assets/plugins/tinymce/inc/tinymce.linklist.php
        In my case it reads:
        $manage_path = '../../../manager/';

but should read:
        $manage_path = '../../../../manager/';

(notice the extra ’../’)
          • 956 Posts
          I tried both suggestions, reloaded / cleared the cache / logged in and out several times, but nothing changed.

Any other suggestions? I’m using Evo 1.0.4, btw (rev 6966).

OK, sorted it out: This tip here did the trick for me: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,45244.msg285938.html#msg285938
            • 239 Posts
            OK, sorted it out: This tip here did the trick for me: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,45244.msg285938.html#msg285938

This 404s for me.... would you be able to help me find the issue?
              • 13 Posts
              I have had this problem also long time ago at some site and now again with important customer.. Help would be much appreciated. There is lots of threads about this but no working fix - only broken links to solutions like this one.
                • 7 Posts
                Quote from: Roope at Sep 18, 2012, 03:29 AM
                I have had this problem also long time ago at some site and now again with important customer.. Help would be much appreciated. There is lots of threads about this but no working fix - only broken links to solutions like this one.

Looks as though the problem still exists in Evo and Tiny MCE downloads. Just installed Evo 1.0.5 (I wanted a ver. I was used to and with plenty of plugins and snippets)and TM 3.3.9.2 and no link-list. Don't you hate broken links to The Fix someone found? Please help...
                  • 177 Posts
                  OK, after 3 years I'm back here because this has just started happening again, some sites are OK, but a new install of 1.0.8 (and 1.0.10) has missed link lists.

I see some recent sufferers are here too.

If I find anything will post back
                    • 177 Posts
                    FWIW the issue this time seemed to be permissions
                    In case this helps anyone, if you try and run the link list directly:
                    www.yoursite.com/assets/plugins/tinymce/inc/tinymce.linklist.php
                    on working sites I would see
                    var tinyMCELinkList = new Array( blah blah

on the non working site I get this:
                    A file permissions error has occurred. Please check the permissions on the script and the directory it is in and try again.

In this case, I reset the file permissions of /assets using Filezilla to 755 and it is now working
                      • 239 Posts
                      I'm back here again and still no luck with any of the proposed solutions above. Does anyone have an update?