We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 42 Posts
    Hi,

Update from 1.02 to 1.03 problem.
    Error message on Install Results - Templates: Incorrect integer value: ” for column ’locked’ at row 1

When I run the manager the Template is broken (just sparse HTML - no css/pictures).

Opengeek on chatroom suggests I have "STRICT_TRANS_TABLES on mysql" and "STRICT sql_mode option on".

So I removed Strict mode as follows
    In Mysql Administrator v1.2.12 - Startup Variables - Advanced.
    Removed SQL Mode text STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,
    And restarted server using the MySQL System Tray Monitor.

Then a Re-install worked perfectly.

WinXP - on Apache localhost.
    MySQL version is: 5.1.41-community

Regards
    Parthian
    • Please file a bug report for this in JIRA. Thank you!
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 42 Posts
        rthrash

opengeek has volunteered to check that this has been raised - it was brought up before. I’m not a member of jira.

Parthian
        • Anyone can create an account in our instance of JIRA which we use for tracking bugs: register here
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 9 Posts
            Same problem here sadly and my site is sort of broken now.

On a shared server I’m not going to be able to change that setting so it would be good to find another solution.
              • 718 Posts
              open install/instprocessor.php
              Add after 316 and 378 line
              $locked = ($locked=='') ? 0 : $locked;

Provided by Akots.
              • Thanks Paprikas. Want to commit that to the source and update the JIRA issue? http://svn.modxcms.com/jira/browse/MODX-1865
                  • 718 Posts
                  Done.
                    • 2 Posts
                    This is my first trial install of MODx. Installing 1.03 on winxp. Installation passes all tests, Install Results page reports: Incorrect integer value: ’’ for column ’locked’ at row 1 for Templates section, which I guess is the same issue as here. How come everyone installing on windows isn’t experiencing the same issue?

To resolve, should I delete db tables, fresh install and make that code change before going through install process again, or is it enough to make the code change retrospectively?
                    • It’s happening when MySQL is running in strict mode.
                      You can make the code change, then run the installer again in upgrade mode. I just went through that process on a Windows server and it ended up fine.
                        Mike Schell
                        Lead Developer, MODX Cloud
                        Email: [email protected]
                        GitHub: https://github.com/netProphET/
                        Twitter: @mkschell