We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Garry Nutting Reply #71, 14 years ago
    @bluni Have you run the installer in upgrade mode after applying the update?

Also, please can you post the browser version and language you are trying to use TinyMCE in.
      Garry Nutting
      Senior Developer
      MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
      Twitter: @garryn
      Web: modx.com
      • 3 Posts
      I installed in update modus.

my Language is german. I changed now to English, but that doesnt work ;-)

And now i deactivate the Tiny Plugin and activate the older Version. That works. ;-)

Browser: Mozilla 3.6.2
      • Garry Nutting Reply #73, 14 years ago
        bluni, have you copied the updated TinyMCE files into your assets/plugins/ folder? It sounds very much like you haven’t made all the necessary changes required to update TinyMCE.
          Garry Nutting
          Senior Developer
          MODX, LLC

• 928 Posts
          I just did an update from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 on my local installation (Windows 7, Apache 2.2.11, PHP 5.3.1), and had a problem at first with TinyMCE (also with the "legacy 1.0 template", to be posted separately).

Update method was to copy my config.inc.php and custom files from assets folder into a freshly unzipped 1.0.3 set of files and run the update on the existing database, with selective set of snippet etc. installs/updates.

I’m pretty certain I had selected the new TinyMCE for installation, but when I tried a page of my site that uses RTE, I got error messages referring to missing files in a tinymce3241 folder. Looked in Manage Elements > Plugins and found no new TinyMCE installed. I hadn’t deleted the installer, so ran again with just TinyMCE selected. It was then installed OK.

I use TinyMCE on the front end, so once again had to fish about in the older version’s Plugin > TinyMCE > Configuration to get it showing with the toolbars, styles etc. I want. Is it possible to include custom configurations from there in the upgrade actions?
          smiley KP
            • 928 Posts
            As per preceding post, I just did an update from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 on my local installation (Windows 7, Apache 2.2.11, PHP 5.3.1). One thing I selected was "Install/Update MODxHost - 1.0 Legacy MODx Host template including dropdown menu". I don’t know what it is, but I thought I’d have it anyway.

At the end of the upgrade process, I had a set of successes reported for other features, but the screen ended with:
            Templates:

Incorrect integer value: ’’ for column ’locked’ at row 1
            Logging in to the manager after this took quite a while, though it was successful up to the point of hitting TinyMCE problems.

After running install again with just TinyMCE update selected, I got the normal completion screen, including the invitation to delete installation files. And running Install again with just the Legacy MODx Host template selected for installation gave me the incomplete page and slow first log in again.
            smiley KP
            • 1.0.3 is out. If you have issues, please start a new thread. Thanks!
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • Garry Nutting Reply #77, 14 years ago
                @kp52:

On the TinyMCE subject, most new versions of MODx Evolution will ship with an updated version of TinyMCE so that is one plugin that should be updated when doing an upgrade.

I use TinyMCE on the front end, so once again had to fish about in the older version’s Plugin > TinyMCE > Configuration to get it showing with the toolbars, styles etc. I want. Is it possible to include custom configurations from there in the upgrade actions?
                Not at the moment, unless you edit the tinymce.tpl file in the install/assets/plugins/ folder prior to doing an upgrade - in there is a properties string that you could update with your desired configuration. I’m not sure if that could be handled more elegantly, I’ll put some thought to it.

Templates:

Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'locked' at row 1

OK, that’s a bug in the code that parses the doc block from the installer .tpl files - it doesn’t like values that are 0 apparently (for example, the @lock_template boolean value). Can you log a bug in JIRA please. It will only affect installs running MySQL in strict mode.

And with that, like Ryan said, everyone please start new threads from now on. Thanks!
                  Garry Nutting
                  Senior Developer
                  MODX, LLC

• Quote from: bluni at Apr 02, 2010, 10:48 AM

Hi,

i install the update.
                  And now, my Tiny doenstn work.
                  I can’t choose it and the HTML Editor is half covert.

http://code.google.com/p/modx-ja/downloads/detail?name=tinymce_js_lang.zip
                  I may not matter, but please try this.
                  /assets/plugins/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/langs/
                  overwrite.
                    • 33 Posts
                    yama, i update file http://code.google.com/p/modx-ja/downloads/detail?name=tinymce_js_lang.zip and have problems with encoding. MODx 103 tncoding russian-utf8
                    how i can fix it?

• versoul, I suspect those need to be added to the Russian translation files in TinyMCE. yama will likely confirm later today.
                        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me