We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • alexey1: Which version of Formz are you using? Also, did you get Formz from the repository or from github? If from github, can you send the commit number?
      WebsiteZen.com - MODX and E-Commerce web development in the San Francisco Bay Area
      • 2 Posts
      Formz v1.0.0-rc3 installed from repository
      • Quote from: alexey1 at Sep 27, 2013, 06:19 AM
        Formz v1.0.0-rc3 installed from repository

Alex it would seem you don't have FormIt or FormItFastPack installed, Formz doesn't install dependencies, so you will need to install those manually.
        • alexey1:

When I tested Formz on a new install of MODX 2.2.9-pl, it worked fine for me.

What fields do you have configured in Formz? What settings do you have configured in Formz?

Please try creating a new Formz form (with all default settings) with only one field (with all default settings). Then, call that Formz and see if it works.

Sometimes if elements are nested too deeply, they fail to get processed by MODX, at least in some versions. Try putting the Formz call directly into an empty resource to see if that fixes the issue.
            WebsiteZen.com - MODX and E-Commerce web development in the San Francisco Bay Area
          • Expanded documentation and a tutorial is now at http://rtfm.modx.com/extras/revo/formitfastpack/
              • 89 Posts
              I've been trying for hours now and I can't get the <label> to wrap around the <input> for radiobuttons.

I would like this:
              <label>
              <input>
              Option one
              </label>

But it alway's outputs this:
              <input>
              <label>
              Option one
              </label>

I tried to make this work by changing the fieldWrapTpl and fieldTypesTpl.
              Can you help me out?

Thanx in advance!
              • @mdehaan: Can you attach your fieldWrapTpl and fieldTypesTpl and post the call to your field snippet?
                  • 89 Posts
                  Quote from: yoleg at Aug 07, 2014, 12:51 PM
                  @mdehaan: Can you attach your fieldWrapTpl and fieldTypesTpl and post the call to your field snippet?

Here you are.
                  Thanx for looking into it.
                  • The <input /> is in the placeholder [[+inner_html]], so you should wrap the label around that in your fieldWrapTpl. For example:

<label for="[[+name]]" title="[[+name:replace=`_== `:ucwords]]">
                    [[+label:default=`[[+name:replace=`_== `:ucwords]]`]][[+req:notempty=` *`]]
                    [[+inner_html]]
                    </label>

To explain, the chunk-processing order is as follows:

1. Options (if any) are processed and placed into [[+options_html]] placeholder
                      * Generated from: the chunk specified by &tpl (default=fieldTypesTpl), if any, or the override by &options_html, &options_element* params
                    2. The input is processed and placed into the [[+input_html]] placeholder
                      * Generated from: the chunk specified by &tpl (default=fieldTypesTpl), if any, or the override by &inner_html, &inner_element* params
                    3. The final output is processed
                      * Generated from: the chunk specified by &outer_tpl (default=fieldWrapTpl), if any
                      • 15 Posts
                      I've submitted a pull request on GitHub to allow for array fields like checkboxes to have multiple values as defaults here:

https://github.com/yoleg/FormitFastPack/pull/7

It'd be great if that could get merged at some point!