We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 170 Posts
    Hi,

I have successfully installed modx revolution beta from http://svn.modxcms.com/svn/tattoo/tattoo/branches/revolution/ the installation process was without warnings and everything pass off(without problems).

But when I want load modx-097/manager/ I get this error:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method modRequest::initialize() in E:\htdocs\modx-097\manager\index.php on line 77

I have readed http://svn.modxcms.com/docs/display/revolution/Development+and+Testing+Notes and http://svn.modxcms.com/docs/display/revolution/Fresh+Installation too.

I have installed:
    [PHP_MYSQL]<br />extension=php_mysql.dll<br />[PHP_MYSQLI]<br />extension=php_mysqli.dll<br />[PHP_PDO]<br />extension=php_pdo.dll<br />[PHP_PDO_MYSQL]<br />extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll

My version of php is 5.2.6 and google don’t tell me nothing.

Where is problem I want to take a look to the Revolution.

Thank for reactions.
      • 24,544 Posts
      Did you do a build before you did the install?
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 170 Posts
        Quote from: BobRay at Sep 04, 2008, 10:29 PM

Did you do a build before you did the install?

I have tried the installation to day again.
        When I have attempted first, the execution time of the transport.core.php script was about 80 sec, but secnond attempt was 228s.
        Before execution transport.core.php I have set up build.config.php and then I have executed transport.core.php, after I have started installation and everything without problems.

Core/cache/error.log is empty and modRequest class is in the core/model/modx/modrequest.class.php file but this class don’t have static method initialize()

Where could be the problem or which revision is usable ?
        • Never seen this one; are you sure the setup completed normally?  Did you check core transport extracted and files in place when installing?  I just did an upgrade install from latest this morning and everything looks good here; I’m not sure what the issue could be.

UPDATE: Actually this looks like some of your data did not get inserted. It should be trying to call modManagerRequest::initialize() (this does not indicate it’s a static method, despite the syntax), which should be loaded based on data in the context_settings table which indicates to use modManagerRequest when loading the mgr context.
            • 170 Posts
            Quote from: OpenGeek at Sep 05, 2008, 02:38 PM

Never seen this one; are you sure the setup completed normally? Did you check core transport extracted and files in place when installing? I just did an upgrade install from latest this morning and everything looks good here; I’m not sure what the issue could be.

Yes I’m sure. Core transport have been extracted without problems and in place.

Quote from: OpenGeek at Sep 05, 2008, 02:38 PM
            UPDATE: Actually this looks like some of your data did not get inserted. It should be trying to call modManagerRequest::initialize() (this does not indicate it’s a static method, despite the syntax), which should be loaded based on data in the context_settings table which indicates to use modManagerRequest when loading the mgr context.

Now I have tried checkout Revolution from http://svn.modxcms.com/svn/tattoo/tattoo/branches/0.9.7-alpha and I have login without problems, but when I checkout from http://svn.modxcms.com/svn/tattoo/tattoo/branches/revolution/ I get the error which I have posted above.
            • Quote from: snop at Sep 05, 2008, 09:57 PM

Now I have tried checkout Revolution from http://svn.modxcms.com/svn/tattoo/tattoo/branches/0.9.7-alpha and I have login without problems, but when I checkout from http://svn.modxcms.com/svn/tattoo/tattoo/branches/revolution/ I get the error which I have posted above.
              branches/0.9.7-alpha is not Revolution and is dead. Please disregard any branches starting with 0.9.7.

Still sounds like you’ve got a permissions issue in the core/cache directory, or all the data is not getting installed. Have you checked the install messages? Are there any failures?
                • 170 Posts
                Quote from: OpenGeek at Sep 05, 2008, 10:48 PM

branches/0.9.7-alpha is not Revolution and is dead. Please disregard any branches starting with 0.9.7.

I know but the newest revision didn’t work for me.

Quote from: OpenGeek at Sep 05, 2008, 10:48 PM
                Still sounds like you’ve got a permissions issue in the core/cache directory, or all the data is not getting installed. Have you checked the install messages? Are there any failures?

Any problem with permisions, I have tested on WinXP and every directory is writeble. After installation there is any warning(s).

Pls check again, if my method before run setup is right, this morning I have tried install again.
                I have checkout from http://svn.modxcms.com/svn/tattoo/tattoo/branches/revolution/ than I have copied the file build.config.sample.php to build.config.php and edit the properties to point at a valid database with proper credentials, there aren’t tables in set up DB, DB is empty. Than I have executed "php transport.core.php", execute time infinity because set_time_limit(0); in executed file (I have disbled Safe Mod before run) and memory limit 256MB.
                Execution time was 56.5650s and size of directory core/packages after execution is 10.9MB and contain 3855 files and 274 folders.
                Now I have executed new setup and checked "Core Package has been manually unpacked" and "Files are already in-place" too. All fields in "Context Installation" sscreen was unchecked(default seting) and without any warnings and installation take 30-45s.
                No blan screen and after the same error:
                <br />Fatal error: Call to undefined method modRequest::initialize() in E:\htdocs\modx-097\manager\index.php on line 77

How can I find out where problem is ? any debug or something else.
                • I just did a clean install on WinXP using XAMPP 1.6.3 following the exact instructions you describe, and it works like a charm. I’m afraid something in your PHP or MySQL configuration is not correct (or there is a new incompatibility issue in 5.2.6, which wouldn’t suprise me), but it’s very hard for me to say what it is. Something is preventing records from being inserted into the database or cache files being generated from the tables; in this specific case, it is data from the context_settings table (which is cached into the core/cache/<contextname>/context.cache.php file) that is missing which is telling the mgr context what modRequest handler to load; you are getting the default one, which will never work in the mgr context.
                    • 170 Posts
                    Quote from: OpenGeek at Sep 06, 2008, 03:48 PM
                    in this specific case, it is data from the context_settings table (which is cached into the core/cache/<contextname>/context.cache.php file) that is missing which is telling the mgr context what modRequest handler to load; you are getting the default one, which will never work in the mgr context.

the table context_settings is empty, should be ? and in core/cache dir are only 2 dirs lexicon and mgr. So I guess that something is wrong in installation and as you wrote Something is preventing records from being inserted into the database(during install ?).

If you confirm me that is, than I can debug installation proces and find where problem is, but you must tell me in which file or which class is resposible to insert data to this table.
                    • snop:

Try a clean install again, and when the install finishes, click Toggle Warning Messages and double-check to make sure there are not any SQL error messages reported there. If there were problems inserting data, they would be reported there. If you are sure no errors are being reported there, then perhaps your attempt to build the transport package is what failed instead (i.e. not producing all the object "vehicles" representing the table rows to be inserted from the transport package), and before I try to teach anyone how to debug the install process we need to explore the simple explanations first.

You might also provide more environment details like MySQL server and client library versions.