We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 194 Posts
    Hi,

Having started testing 0.9.7, I gutted that install and created a brand new site and new download in Revolution alpha 2 (the regular version, not advanced and not sdk.)

I’ve got it up and running alright, but I cannot get simple variables to parse.

Consider the following template:

<html>
    	<head>
    		<title>[[*pagetitle]]</title>
    	</head>
    	<body>
    <!-- Start page content -->
    [[*test_tv]]
    <!-- End page content -->
    	</body>
    </html>

When I assign a document to that template, and give it a value "Test" for the "test_tv" template variable, when the page is output, all I get is this:

<html>
    	<head>
    		<title></title>
    	</head>
    	<body>
    <!-- Start page content -->

<!-- End page content -->
    	</body>
    </html>

I’ve tried the legacy MODx tags, and tried enclosing the tags in the specifiers - e.g. [[*test_tv*]] but no joy. Also [[*content]] does not output the document content.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Also if you right-click a TV, or template, and select "Edit", you get the following error: "No action with ID element/tv/update found" but if you just click the TV/template, it’s fine.

Thanks,
    Andy
      Andy Shellam | www.networkmail.eu | @Pandy06269 @NetworkMail

modx Revolution 2.2.6
      Windows 2012 | IIS 8 | php 5.4.11 | MySQL 5.5.29

Content-Managed Websites Built on MODX
    • This is working flawlessly for me on all of my installs; after a few quick tests using your examples, I get the proper output.  Any other details? Any errors in the log file?
        • 194 Posts
        Thanks for the reply Jason, what do you need?

It’s on Debian 4, Apache 2.2.8, MySQL 5.0.51. I downloaded and installed it from scratch a couple of hours ago. I have a context called "Intranet" but this document is still in the "web" context.

Admittedly I have had a play around a bit, but I can’t see anything that would stop the parser from working.

I could provide a plain SQL database dump if that would help? If so can you PM me an e-mail address, or some other details to get it to you.

modx Revolution 2.2.6

• 194 Posts
          Hmm there is something in the log file on every visit I make to that page, but unfortunately it’s not very helpful!

[2008-07-21 19:39:30] (ERROR @ /index.php) Error SQLER executing statement:
          Array
          (
          [0] => SQLER
          [1] => 1064
          [2] => You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ’’ at line 1
          )

modx Revolution 2.2.6

• MySQL 5.0.51 just like on MODx 096 causes problems with Revolution as I understand it. Try to compile 5.0.58 or downgrade to 5.0.45 to see if that helps.
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • Quote from: rthrash at Jul 21, 2008, 06:55 PM

MySQL 5.0.51 just like on MODx 096 causes problems with Revolution as I understand it. Try to compile 5.0.58 or downgrade to 5.0.45 to see if that helps.
              Actually, it should still work as long as the PDO MySQL drivers can communicate properly in the install. Also, since the queries are different in Revolution, the problem with sorting does not affect this.

You’ve got me a bit stumped here; I’m not sure what to look for next. Have you tried clearing the site cache?
                • 194 Posts
                Hi Jason,

Glad I gave you a challenge!
                I upgraded MySQL to 5.0.51b (the latest stable) - no joy. Cleared the site cache - no joy. Created a new template and new document - no joy.

So I dropped all database tables, re-ran the installer, and hey presto it works!

Not quite sure what I’d managed to do to kill the parser, but if I find out I’ll let you know!

Thanks,
                Andy

modx Revolution 2.2.6

• 194 Posts
                  Quote from: rthrash at Jul 21, 2008, 06:55 PM

MySQL 5.0.51 just like on MODx 096 causes problems with Revolution as I understand it. Try to compile 5.0.58 or downgrade to 5.0.45 to see if that helps.

Is 5.0.58 out yet? Or just in Enterprise version? The latest stable on the mirrors is 5.0.51b.

modx Revolution 2.2.6

• After uploading the alpha3 zip to the serving, unzipping it, and running the installer I was running into 500 errors.

Knowing better I dropped to a CLI and went into the manager directory and ran "php index.ini"

Which returned:

[root@secure manager]# php index.php
                    PHP Notice: Undefined index: PATH_INFO in /home/virtual/site25/fst/var/www/html/manager/index.php on line 41
                    PHP Warning: main(/var/www/html/core/model/modx/modx.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site25/fst/var/www/html/manager/index.php on line 51
                    PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening ’/var/www/html/core/model/modx/modx.class.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php’) in /home/virtual/site25/fst/var/www/html/manager/index.php on line 51
                    PHP Warning: main(/var/www/html/core/error/unavailable.include.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site25/fst/var/www/html/manager/index.php on line 52
                    PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening ’/var/www/html/core/error/unavailable.include.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php’) in /home/virtual/site25/fst/var/www/html/manager/index.php on line 52
                    Site temporarily unavailable![root@secure manager]# ll ../co
                    config.core.php connectors/ core/
                    [root@secure manager]# ll ../core/error/
                    total 4
                    -rw-r--r-- 1 admin25 admin25 663 Nov 16 2007 unavailable.include.php

I then copied the /core/config/config.inc.php outside the doc root, deleted everything, and unzipped it locally and sent the 2339 files up via sftp and restored the config.inc.php back to its home.

Now everything is working.

This can happen if the mask on the files in the zip archive do not match the settings of the server it is being installed on. Hence it yelling it couldn’t find the file which was actually there.

Hope this helps someone.

Get your copy of MODX Revolution Building the Web Your Way http://www.sanitypress.com/books/modx-revolution-building-the-web-your-way.html

Check out my MODX || xPDO resources here: http://www.shawnwilkerson.com
                      • 194 Posts
                      Quote from: Pandy06269 at Jul 21, 2008, 08:21 PM

Not quite sure what I’d managed to do to kill the parser, but if I find out I’ll let you know!

Hi,

I’ve found out why this was - whenever the "site status" is set to No (off-line) MODx Revolution doesn’t parse the tags.

I’ve confirmed it in 2.0.0-alpha-3 with the same simple test page I set up when I originally investigated this issue.
                      When site start is set to Yes, it parses the tags, when it’s set to No it doesn’t.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Andy

modx Revolution 2.2.6