We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 138 Posts
    Quote from: coroico at Nov 27, 2007, 11:39 PM

With Modx 0.9.7 - from SVN - 3177 - Under Windows XP, i get the following results with the build cmd "php transport.core.php" :

[2007-11-28 00:21:44] (ERROR @ transport.core.php) Source file E:\Perso\www\Modx097\modx/connectors/element is missing or E:\Perso\www\Modx097\modx/core/packages/core/modContext/645149e976d851df46bfb7d7a6153854/ is not writable

Do I need a specific php extension ? How could i fix these troubles. Thanks.

Just to say I had no problem with the build command. Someone saying "everything is fine" could make the developpers happy wink
    Btw coroico, have you got the E:\Perso\www\Modx097\modx/connectors/element file ? I suppose there is no problem with the forward/backward slashes as well.

(I’m just trying to help...)
      • 59 Posts
      I can confirm your problems. I check out latest version from SVN every few days, and until yesterday everything worked fine. That does not mean things went bad yesterday, just that I noticed it yesterday.
      First compilation of transport.core was in the early evening and then I had 6 or seven errors. As "splittingred" was committing files during the late evening, number of errors dropped to one or two. I saw he moved and renamed default theme, so there is a possibility not all the paths were corrected to new location.
      • Yes it’s all still a moving target at the moment; sorry, been working on some features in another branch and just got caught up with this mess, er, these improvements. tongue

I believe I have stabilized enough of the errors from the changes to be able to install fresh, but upgrades will likely encounter some issues, especially if you have used svn export rather than using svn checkout.

We’ll be moving to private/feature-branch based development once we release a first public beta to avoid these kinds of issues with bigger changes.
        • Roughly a week ago I tried installing the 0.9.7-alpha for the first time, it was also my first look at SVNs, and they’re such a time saver for testing purposes! It beats downloading the files onto the HD and then uploading via FTP!

My first attempt was semi-successful - the installation appeared to work, there were tables in the database, etc; but when I accessed the Manager I just got a blank page with a couple of grey bars at the top... so I gave up for a while.

Today I’ve tried the 0.9.7-alpha again but a different problem has occurred - Firstly I’m not 100% sure what goes where in the build.config.php, these are the same settings I tried the first time, I’ve replaced:

define('XPDO_DSN', 'mysql:host=localhost;dbname=modx;charset=utf8');
          define('XPDO_DB_USER', 'root');
          define('XPDO_DB_PASS', '');
          define('XPDO_TABLE_PREFIX', 'modx_');

with
          define('XPDO_DSN', 'mysql:host=localhost;dbname=my_databasename;charset=utf8');
          define('XPDO_DB_USER', 'username');
          define('XPDO_DB_PASS', 'password');
          define('XPDO_TABLE_PREFIX', '0.9.7-alpha_');

which I think should work, but I’m unsure...

From there I continue with the setup, I fill in the fields and on the final installation screen these errors appear:

Errors were encountered during core installation. Please review the installation results below, correct the problems and proceed as directed.

Error creating table for class modAction
          Error creating table for class modActiveUser
          Error creating table for class modCategory

[..]
          Error creating table for class modUserRole
          Error creating table for class modUserSetting
          Error creating table for class modWorkspace

Config file successfully written.
          Config file permissions successfully updated.

Could not find the active workspace.

Error saving the default admin user.
          Array ( => 00000 )

Have I not entered the correct database information?

When I check the database there are no tables and I can’t access any Manager - as far as I can remember I’ve done noting differently from when I first tried 0.9.7-alpha - has anybody got any ideas?
            MODX Ambassador for Thailand. Managing Director at Monogon, a web design and development studio based in Bangkok, Thailand. - Follow me on Twitter.
          • Try reverting the table prefix to just modx_ or modx097_ ... I don’t think MySQL likes db prefixes starting with a number.
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • Actually Mallmus, without knowing your Apache/PHP/MySQL environment details, there’s way too many possibilities here. Perhaps what is recorded in the core/cache/logs/error.log will also help...

Also, let’s create threads for specific issues if possible.
              • This sounds exactly like what I was seeing for a while. It was because of my MySQL version, which was pre-4.1
                I spoke to OpenGeek about it, and I thought that I documented it somewhere or filed a bug report, but I can’t seem to find it.
                I’ll check my notes and make sure this is still logged in the right place, but in the meantime, if you’re able to upgrade to MySQL 4.1, it will probably let you get past that point. I just did this today, and just had my first look at the new manager less than an hour ago.
                  Mike Schell
                  Lead Developer, MODX Cloud
                  Email: [email protected]
                  GitHub: https://github.com/netProphET/
                  Twitter: @mkschell
                • These responses are great! - To my surprise Ryan’s solution of renaming the database prefix to start with letters instead of numbers worked! The installation was successful! smiley my first impressions of the new Manager are great!

I’ll open new threads for my questions in future, not sure why i didn’t for this one...
                    MODX Ambassador for Thailand. Managing Director at Monogon, a web design and development studio based in Bangkok, Thailand. - Follow me on Twitter.
                    • 59 Posts
                    I installed 0.9.7 Alpha and it works fine. Do I have to run "php transport.core.php" each time I want to update my installation?
                      • 4,149 Posts
                      Quote from: milicicd at Dec 03, 2007, 10:35 PM

I installed 0.9.7 Alpha and it works fine. Do I have to run "php transport.core.php" each time I want to update my installation?

No, only when a commit message says you have to, or says "core rebuild" or "core transport rebuild" required.
                        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com