We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 28 Posts
    Example
    1. I dublicate the default Access Policy "Administrator" and name it "Editor"
    2. I uncheck some of the 130 checked permissions of "Editor"
    3. I click "save"
    -> Changes do not apply, Policy "Editor" still has 130 permissions checked!

I’m on 2.1.3-pl.
    Same behavior with Policy Templates: changes (removed/added permissions) in duplicated Policy Templates can’t be saved.

Any advice is very welcome.
    Werre
    • I’ve attempted to reproduce this, including checking with cache_db setting enabled, but I cannot. Did you use the advanced package to upgrade to 2.1.3?
        • 28 Posts
        Quote from: OpenGeek at Aug 19, 2011, 06:24 PM

Did you use the advanced package to upgrade to 2.1.3?
        No, it was a fresh installation of the traditional build.
        Thanks for digging into this.
          • 572 Posts
          Hi,

i'm having the same issue with the same version of Revo.
          When i first set up the user (Editor) i could save the access policies but then i tried to make some alterations and the save just loops. I've tried to replicate a test site i have working locally but with no luck.
          Unforyunately i can't remember exactly what i did before this stopped working but would be happy to PM the URL if it helps at all.

Thanks

J
            www.9thwave.co.uk
               WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
            • 28 Posts
            I tried to reproduce this behavior on two other installations, both 2.1.3-pl (traditional). One runs on the same shared hosting environment, and one at another hosting provider. The problem only occurs on one server. This leads to the question:

What server settings (e.g. PHP settings) can prevent changes to Access Policies and Policy Templates from being saved?
              • 572 Posts
              Hi Webaff,

Could you possibly state the differences, maybe post the php info for each?

Cheers

www.9thwave.co.uk
                   WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
              • Quote from: webaff.ch at Aug 29, 2011, 09:56 AM
                What server settings (e.g. PHP settings) can prevent changes to Access Policies and Policy Templates from being saved?
                If you FTP'd the files into place, it's possible one or even a few files got corrupted during or did not transfer at all. This is a common occurrence and I would rule this out before searching for some server configuration option that might be causing you to be unable to save these changes. It could also be being blocked for some reason by mod_security, if you verify all the files got transferred into place and it still does not work.
                  • 28 Posts
                  Quote from: opengeek at Aug 31, 2011, 07:39 PM

If you FTP'd the files into place, it's possible one or even a few files got corrupted during or did not transfer at all.
                  I did a new download, a new upload, a new installation on a new database. But I still have the same problem.

Quote from: opengeek at Aug 31, 2011, 07:39 PM

It could also be being blocked for some reason by mod_security.
                  Apache modules are out of my knowledge.
                  -> What can I ask my hosting provider to do to get my problem solved?

After more detailed testing, I can narrow the problem a bit:
                  - Only Policy Templates of template group 'Admin' are affected.
                  - Only Access Policies with Policy Templates of template group 'Admin' are affected.
                  When I try to save those, the overlay dialog box 'Success! Save successful.' does not appear.
                  -> What's the matter with this specific template group 'Admin'?

Thanks for still reading/helping.
                    • 28 Posts
                    After some more testing including direct DB manipulation, I can now say that this problem is connected to the access permission "database_truncate"!

-> I can not save any policy template and all connected access policies if the template has "database_truncate":true.
                    -> I can save all policy templates and theirs connected policies if the template comes without database_truncate.

Since I removed database_truncate from AdministratorTemplate, this permission doesn't show up again in the "Add Permission to Template" dialog (see attachment a1). And even if "database_truncate":true is in the db table cell data of policy Administrator, the permission doesn't show up on the access policy update page either. But its ghost is still somewhere around, see the counter in attachment a2.

I hope that this is no important permission and go on without it.
                      • 572 Posts
                      Hi Webaff

It seems like a quick and dirty solution but could you let me know how you removed the database_truncate so i can test to see if this works for me?
                      I can see the database-truncate setting in Access Controls/Policy Templates if i right click on AdministratorTemplate....but i do i just remove this altogether?

Thanks for your help
                        www.9thwave.co.uk
                           WEB | DESIGN | PRINT