We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    I decided to leave it at the default template and edit the css file.
    Click this link to view what I have so far. http://www.defusedmedia.com/templates1

Now I am having a problem with the file link being displayed wrong. It’s giving me the address of,
    http://www.defusedmedia.com/templates1.php/template_1.zip
    when it should actually be,
    http://www.defusedmedia.com/assets/files/templates/template_1.zip

I’m using friendly URLs which I am guessing is the problem, how can I fix it?

These are the parameters I use.
    [!FileDownload? &getFolder`assets/files/templates` &imgLocat=`assets/images/icons` &imgTypes=`fileimages` &userSort=`date`!]

Also, this is the directory location I use for the FileDownloadFolder TV.
    assets/files/templates/
      • 786 Posts
      there is some code in there that OnO used to set some nice urls and requires some htaccess modification. you can look at his code to see how to get that working or in the file download snippet change these lines: (comment out the 3 lines)

Change lines 340-344 of filedownload.class.inc.php:
      //					if ($this->_config['urlsetting'] == '?') {
      //						$fileLink = $this->_config['curUrl'].'/'.$filelocat . $multiFolderLink;
      //					} else {
      						$fileLink = $this->_config['curUrl'].'&d='.$filelocat . $multiFolderLink;
      //					}
        • 7 Posts
        Thanks kylej, it works perfectly. Now I am having a problem with the downloads not being counted. I have no idea where to start looking for the problems or how this part works.
        http://www.defusedmedia.com/templates1

I have aim and msn so if anyone wants to help just pm me and ill give you my screen name.
          • 786 Posts
          if the downloads are not being counted make sure that you have set the configuration of the plugin correctly.
            • 7 Posts
            Is it possible to have a description and comments for each download? If so, can anyone give me a detailed guide to set it up. Also, is it possible to include thumbnails for each download as well? Any help would be appreciated.
              • 36 Posts
              Hi.
              I would like to use the snippets for my site, with the plugin, but i have a problem with the TV. I didn’t understand how it works. I have create the TV FileDownloadFolder but after what i can do ? And how can i use the TV with the snippets ?

thx
                Sorry for my english, it’s not my natural language. smiley
                • 17 Posts
                hi

noob question smiley

is it possible to limit displayed download links ?
                i would like to use it for "last downloads" or something like this

thx in adv
                rgds
                  • 17 Posts
                  Quote from: upurii at Mar 28, 2007, 11:22 AM

Hi.
                  I would like to use the snippets for my site, with the plugin, but i have a problem with the TV. I didn’t understand how it works. I have create the TV FileDownloadFolder but after what i can do ? And how can i use the TV with the snippets ?

thx

if u download version 2.5 you should have about.html in archive, read it - everything is describe there

ecxept how to limit file list smiley
                    • 17 Posts
                    hi again

so guys is it possible to limit this list without editing source code ?

i can not find any info about it on forum

any help?
                      • 315 Posts
                      Hi Guys,

I’ve hit an impass that I cannot get over. Funny thing is I’ve been over it before and something has stopped working. I cannot get the counter to work either in the DB or in the file.

I’ve had it working and I must have changed something but for the life of me I cannot find it (too many long nights). I dont think I have changed anything in Modx. Although I may have changed something in Apache conf or .htaccess.

Is there anyway of tracking where the problem is. My files download nicely with or without FURLs they just dont count. Database creates ok also. I have noticed that there is a significant delay before finalising the download as 100%. Is there any help you can offer? smiley

Modx 0.9.6
                      Apache 2.0.54
                      PHP 4.4.4
                      W2K server

Forgot to mention that I can manually change the DB and it will bring the info through but just not update it sad

Removed all snippets and plugins and reinstalled and things are fine now!! smiley:):)
                        BBloke