We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Ganesh: it’s not AjaxSearch ... it’d be more like 40 LIKEs with ORs.

Chuck: gee, that looks strangely familiar. wink
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 285 Posts
      Maybe I should have, but in all my time here, I never realised there was a separate search for SMF. Now that I know it, it’s obvious, but like most users, I suspect, I simply entered my search in the box available.

While we’re on searches, is there any reason to have the option to search the web from the forum? Seems like it’s an entirely unnecessary option. If I want to search the web, I can do it from google or from the search embedded in my browser. I suggest reducing the options, thus making everything more usable.
        • 354 Posts
        Thanks ganeshXL for the xml file & howto. It worked very well on my Vista Business 32bit + Firefox 3.6.6. However on my Windows 7 Home 64bit + Firefox 3.6.6. it won’t add it.

I first added in the program files folder like i did for vista (used the x86 folder since the other one doesn’t have Mozilla Firefox):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins

Since it didn’t work i also added it to the user profile searchplugins

C:\Users\<myuser>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<myprofile>.default\searchplugins

Each time i restarte FireFox but unfortunately it didn’t help. Any help would be very much appreciated!
          • 354 Posts
          Yes they were there. I deleted all of them and repeated the steps. It works now, maybe i made some mistake the first time huh