We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 48 Posts
    Digital Butter - MODX Premiere Partners Reply #101, 13 years, 8 months ago
    Quote from: Fishcake at Aug 13, 2010, 01:27 PM

This isn’t a problem with this solution as such but hopefully someone here will have experienced it and knows how to fix it.

I’ve just created a pretty big document tree and duplicated it but every document is unpublished, is there a way to duplicate them published?

As mentioned it’s a pretty big document tree and I still have to duplicate it another 2 times for further languages.

Cheers.

Hi Fishcake, you could use the Doc Manager module to help you bulk publish documents with one click. I think by default duplicating documents will leave them unpublished.
      • 21 Posts
      Quote from: hk_modx at Aug 15, 2010, 07:27 PM

Quote from: Fishcake at Aug 13, 2010, 01:27 PM

This isn’t a problem with this solution as such but hopefully someone here will have experienced it and knows how to fix it.

I’ve just created a pretty big document tree and duplicated it but every document is unpublished, is there a way to duplicate them published?

As mentioned it’s a pretty big document tree and I still have to duplicate it another 2 times for further languages.

Cheers.

Hi Fishcake, you could use the Doc Manager module to help you bulk publish documents with one click. I think by default duplicating documents will leave them unpublished.
      Wow exactly what I was looking for and it’s been sat there all the time, feel like an idiot now. Cheers!
        • 38 Posts
        Hi all,

How do you change the format display of the flags+country format from vertical to horizontal display?

Cheers!
          • 21 Posts
          Quote from: weaknsick at Aug 17, 2010, 06:35 PM

Hi all,

How do you change the format display of the flags+country format from vertical to horizontal display?

Cheers!
          This is probably outside of discussion concerning the Tutorial, you’ll see that a <ul> list is generated for the flags. You can use CSS or edit the flagAndLanguage and LanguageChooser chunks to change how it displays.

http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/horizontal01.htm
            • 38 Posts

Oh yes! Silly me smiley Thanks man! smiley
              • 21 Posts
              Does anyone have any thoughts on how to implement AJAX search in non-AJAX mode into this multilingual solution?

I’m a bit muddled up at the moment. I was thinking along the lines of having a single search results page for all languages but now I’m stuck on displaying the menu in the language the user was in before they hit search.

Anyone help me?

• 21 Posts
                How can I display a summarised list taken from another folder on the site.

For example if I want to display a list of Recent news items on my homepage.

Each language’s news will be in a different container, but I don’t really want to have a separate ditto call for each language.

I could also use a template variable but this just seems messy it what is otherwise a really elegant solution.

Any ideas?
                  • 21 Posts
                  Quote from: Fishcake at Sep 05, 2010, 10:50 AM

How can I display a summarised list taken from another folder on the site.

For example if I want to display a list of Recent news items on my homepage.

Each language’s news will be in a different container, but I don’t really want to have a separate ditto call for each language.

I could also use a template variable but this just seems messy it what is otherwise a really elegant solution.

Any ideas?
                  I settled on using a template variable, (ie. newsID) attached to the language root and then retrieve that value using the GetField snippet as follows:
                  [!Ditto? &sortBy=`createdon` &display=`5` &tpl=`homepage-news-item` &parents=`[[GetField? &parent=`1` &field=`NewsID` ]]` !]

• 3 Posts
                    It’s been asked before by someone else sometime in the past in this thread, but without any feedback, and now I’m in the same boat, so I thought I’d ask again:

Is there much possibility of using/adapting these instructions/methods to build a multi-lingual website with Revo? I need to build a multilingual site and, of course, I want to use the latest and greatest. But I can’t find any info or discussion about how to do it with Revo. If anyone has any thoughts we’d love to hear them.
                      • Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org