We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    So I decide to toy with Revolution (Beta 3) just to see how things looked. Install went fine with no warnings but once I get into the manager panel, I can’t seem to create new pages as there’s nothing to "parent" them too. I go to the context manager which I understand to control that and it’s blank. I check the database and there’s the "Web" field there but according to ModX it’s empty. I can even create new entries but they will only show in phpmyadmin, not ModX.

Any idea on what’s up?
      • 1,624 Posts
      maybe this will help.

• 8 Posts
        Quote from: cipa at Sep 30, 2009, 03:33 AM

maybe this will help.

Thank you, I’ll check that out and let you know how it goes. smiley
          • 24,544 Posts
          Try right-clicking on the "Web" context in the tree at the left.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 8 Posts
            Quote from: BobRay at Sep 30, 2009, 05:58 AM

Here’s the problem: There ’is’ no "Web" context in the tree at the left. It’s in the database but not in the web interface.
              • 4,149 Posts
              Quote from: Bios at Sep 30, 2009, 09:18 PM

Quote from: BobRay at Sep 30, 2009, 05:58 AM

Here’s the problem: There ’is’ no "Web" context in the tree at the left. It’s in the database but not in the web interface.

Sounds to me like the access permissions didn’t install correctly. You might want to try running setup/ again.
                shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
                • 24,544 Posts
                And if that doesn’t work, one or more files may have been corrupted during the file transfer. In that case, you need to redownload/upload the files and then redo setup.
                  Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                  Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                  MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                  My MODX Extras
                  Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                  • 1,624 Posts
                  Are you saying there is no left column?

I one of my installs the left column was not present so I re-installed.
                    • 8 Posts
                    Quote from: cipa at Oct 01, 2009, 12:21 AM

Are you saying there is no left column?

I one of my installs the left column was not present so I re-installed.

Left column is there but there’s no "Web "context and I’m unable to create one. In fact checking the context page it claims there are no context’s. Checking the database, they’re clearly there. Obviously the mysql db connection is working because I can see site settings, but not much else.

I’ve tried no less then 4-5 times + re-uploaded the files after a fresh download/unzip each time.
                      • 4,149 Posts
                      Can you tell me what rows are in your tables:

- modx_access_context
                      - modx_member_groups

shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com