We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hi, my problem with "FATAL ERROR: MODx Setup cannot continue. Make sure your PHP session configuration is valid and working." was solved with the change php version from 5.2 up to 5.3. It's actually not a solution for everybody but certainly trail.
      • 119 Posts
      I'm having this session problem on a Dreamhost server running PHP 5.3.13 while trying to install Revo 2.2.6. I've opened a support ticket with Dreamhost. We'll see what they say.
        • 119 Posts
        If it helps, the specific error:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_5n6s7qrse8528vg3ulirg63ak2, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/iamdave220/robyn.ravenflight.net/setup/index.php on line 32

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/iamdave220/robyn.ravenflight.net/setup/index.php:32) in /home/iamdave220/robyn.ravenflight.net/setup/index.php on line 32
        FATAL ERROR: MODX Setup cannot continue.

Make sure your PHP session configuration is valid and working.

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_5n6s7qrse8528vg3ulirg63ak2, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0