We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 793 Posts
    I’ve got some issues with the Package Management in a fresh local 2.1.1 installation (using xampp in Windows 7).

I go to Package Management > Add new Package > Select a Provider and choose modx.com (of course I’m connected to the internet).
    In Package Retreiver > Download Extras I click onto TinyMCE.
    The window Select Packages to Download opens, but does not only show TinyMCE but also frontpage and AutoFixImageSize.

If I now click the Download button for TinyMCE , not only this one but all the Download buttons of that list change to the greyed out Downloading Buttons - and then nothing happens anymore.

The same problem arises if I try to go via Package Browser > Extras > Richtext Editors (but I get in addition the CodeMirror in the list).

But there occurs another really bad issue: Expanding the node Extras the Package Retriever window gets so high that the Back and Finish buttons at the end become inaccessible (there are no scrollbars).

Can someone else confirm these observations?

Thank you
    ottogal
      • 390 Posts

Quote from: ottogal at Jun 07, 2011, 06:52 AM

I go to Package Management > Add new Package > Select a Provider and choose modx.com (of course I’m connected to the internet).
      In Package Retreiver > Download Extras I click onto TinyMCE.
      The window Select Packages to Download opens, but does not only show TinyMCE but also frontpage and AutoFixImageSize.

This is ’helpful’, giving you closely related packages together (eg Wayfinder and getResources)

If I now click the Download button for TinyMCE , not only this one but all the Download buttons of that list change to the greyed out Downloading Buttons - and then nothing happens anymore.

The initial greying out of the download buttons has always been the case. What message do you get in your Error Log? You’ll need to check your phpinfo, most likely.

But there occurs another really bad issue: Expanding the node Extras the Package Retriever window gets so high that the Back and Finish buttons at the end become inaccessible (there are no scrollbars).

What browser are you using? The only issue (already noted in bugs) I can find in FF4 is that the text on some buttons is too big for the button space.
        Writer > E-consultant > MODx developer || Salesforce || modx 2.x || PHP 5.2.13 || MySQL client 5.0.86
        • 121 Posts
        Martijn van Turnhout Reply #3, 12 years, 11 months ago
        That last issue isn’t about browsers: it’s about the resolution of your screen. I’ve had the same problem with my laptop: I can’t access those two buttons. They’re just out of my viewport.
          • 793 Posts
          it’s about the resolution of your screen
          No, it’s about the incapability of the script to take in consideration the existence of smaller viewports out there... (Mine is 1024 x 768)
          • Try this: http://modx.com/extras/package/packagemanagerreloaded

It’s not perfect, but it can definitively help (and scale better with 1024x768 resolution)
              • 793 Posts
              Quote from: odeclas at Jun 07, 2011, 07:47 AM

This is ’helpful’, giving you closely related packages together (eg Wayfinder and getResources)
              It makes sense if I go via Package Browser > Extras > Richtext Editors, but not if I choose TinyMCE explicitely.
              The initial greying out of the download buttons has always been the case.
              For the chosen option, of course - but not for all of them.
              What message do you get in your Error Log? You’ll need to check your phpinfo, most likely.
              I will check the logs.
              What browser are you using? The only issue (already noted in bugs) I can find in FF4 is that the text on some buttons is too big for the button space.
              I’m using Firefox 4.
                • 793 Posts
                Quote from: lossendae at Jun 07, 2011, 08:39 AM

Try this: http://modx.com/extras/package/packagemanagerreloaded
                Thank you for the link - I’ve seen it before, but am hesitating because of it’s alpha status and your explicit warning...
                • It doesn’t overwrite the existing package manager and it’s not complete yet, but very usable.
                  If you can leverage the risks try it, otherwise, as the explicit warning says, it is for testing purpose.

Now, i have made it also to work easier with lower resolution, and i seek feedback, so i try to get them more actively smiley
                    • 793 Posts
                    What message do you get in your Error Log?
                    Since after the click on the Download button nothing happens, I have to close the popup window. Then checking the Error Log I find it empty.
                    You’ll need to check your phpinfo, most likely.
                    Which detail in this long list should I focus on?
                      • 793 Posts
                      @lossendae:
                      Install it via the package manager then access it under the Components menu.
                      Perhaps a silly question: I don’t have a menu item "Components" in the manager. huh