We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 81 Posts
    Hello,

i have two 2.0.1 installs, and in both i have some quiks with the package manager.

I select modxcms.com as a provider, i get the listing of package-categories, but opening any of the gives me

"no provider specified" (or at least the german version: "Anbieter nicht angegeben").

is this a bug, or do i have a misconfiguration going on here?

thanks, niklas
      • 26 Posts
      I get something similar, my list of packages is empty and I cannot install any packages.
        • 4,149 Posts
        These are known issues that somehow skirted through testing. We’ll have 2.0.2 out in the next day to resolve these issues. *Many* apologies for this.
          shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
          • 81 Posts
          thanks for the update, but the issue is still not resolved over here.

still showing "no provider specified" where you normally would see the package listing.

it has kind of random behaviour.

now i wanted to narrow down under which circumstances this happens, but now - in the "choose package-provider" popup, i can’t hit the "select" button, although modxcms.com is selected in the box above. sad

// update: logging out and clearing cache resolves this issue
            • 793 Posts
            In a fresh installation of 2.0.2 (went like a charm), if I open the Package Manager, the items in the lists in "Download Extras" are no Links.
            (To be sure that this is not caused by a failed download, it would be helpful to have a md5 checksum of the zipped file. Is there any?)

My Environment:
            PHP 5.3.1
            MySQL 5.1.41
            XAMPP 1.7.3
            Firefox 3.6.10 under Windows 7
              • 4,149 Posts
              Quote from: ottogal at Sep 20, 2010, 05:45 AM

In a fresh installation of 2.0.2 (went like a charm), if I open the Package Manager, the items in the lists in "Download Extras" are no Links.
              (To be sure that this is not caused by a failed download, it would be helpful to have a md5 checksum of the zipped file. Is there any?)
              What do you mean by "the items in the lists in "Download Extras" are no Links."?
                shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
                • 793 Posts
                What do you mean by "the items in the lists in "Download Extras" are no Links."?
                They are just text in <p>, not <a>-elements. Firebug’s "Inspect Element" shows
                <h3>Most Popular</h3>
                <p>1. Wayfinder - 1,387</p>
                and so on.
                  • 4,149 Posts
                  Yes, those links were removed to prevent confusion.
                    • 793 Posts
                    ???
                    Please explain how I install f.i. Wayfinder?
                      • 4,149 Posts
                      Use the tree on the left to navigate. Those links are there solely for stats purposes.