We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    I only have this on one install so it’s not a problem with Revo per se.

The manager login screen just shows the two input boxes and the checkbox on one line with no prompts and no submit button. Enter doesn’t work so I can’t log in.

I imagine it’s a corrupted file somewhere. Any guesses on which one? I hate to have to do a whole new checkout. I’ve tried emptying the cache dir, updating, building, and reinstalling to no effect.
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 1,390 Posts
      Bob

What browsing are you using? This is currently happening in my local revo svn install when viewed in Iron (a chrome clone). I don’t have Chrome so don’t know how it renders there but it should be the same. The same install looks and works fine in FF 3.5 and Safari 4.x

cheers/k
        • 3,975 Posts
        It happened to me as well. Did u update to latest SVN? and be sure to force refresh cache.

(I remember that this was solved as soon as upgrade to extjs 3 was commited)
          Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
          • 1,390 Posts
          In my case I have the latest SVN (as of yesterday night).

I’ll force a cache refresh and report here..

EDIT: clearing the cache didn’t help

cheers/k
            • 4,149 Posts
            1. Do you get any browser errors?
            2. Are there errors in core/cache/error.log?
            3. What is your environment/server information?
            4. What browser and version does this occur on?

Cmon guys, you guys have been here long enough to know we need this info to help. tongue
              shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
              • 1,390 Posts
              Quote from: splittingred at Jul 16, 2009, 12:59 PM

1. Do you get any browser errors?
              No

2. Are there errors in core/cache/error.log?
              No

3. What is your environment/server information?
              Apache 2.2;
              MySQL Server version: 5.1.36-community; client version: 5.0.51a ( I know, I know)
              PHP 5.2.10

Iron (chrome clone)

Cmon guys, you guys have been here long enough to know we need this info to help. tongue

Oops! sorry wink embarrassed

cheers/k
                • 4,149 Posts
                Quote from: kongondo at Jul 16, 2009, 01:37 PM

Apache 2.2;
                MySQL Server version: 5.1.36-community; client version: 5.0.51a ( I know, I know)
                PHP 5.2.10

I hate to say it, but I bet your problem is related to the 5.0.51a client. I cant replicate this behavior on either my 5.0.41 or 5.0.83 versions (with php 5.2.6 and 5.3.0 respectively).

We’ve explicitly stated we don’t support 5.0.51a because of its numerous bugs with PDO drivers: http://svn.modxcms.com/docs/display/revolution/Server+Requirements

So, it’ll be hard for me to help you any further without suspecting that’s the problem.

Iron (chrome clone)
                We definitely don’t support Iron; we barely support Chrome at this point. If you could try this out on Firefox or Safari and see if the problem persists, that would be more helpful.
                  shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
                  • 160 Posts
                  In my experience, this problem has always been related to some of the js libraries not loading (specifically the extjs libs, I believe). Open the page in Firefox and use Firebug to examine all of the links to external scripts. If you find any that have a 404 message inside, instead of the library, then that would confirm the problem.

One way to create this problem is by changing some setting like use_compressed_js_libs (IIRC) to yes. Since there are not compressed js libs yet, they won’t be found.

Also note, if the problem is caused by a setting, and you change the setting in the db directly, you also have to find and change the setting in a cache file, since the settings are cached, and not loaded from the db every time.
                    • 1,390 Posts
                    Quote from: splittingred at Jul 16, 2009, 01:53 PM

Iron (chrome clone)

We definitely don’t support Iron; we barely support Chrome at this point. If you could try this out on Firefox or Safari and see if the problem persists, that would be more helpful.

Seems you missed my post above? It works fine in FF3.5 and Safari 4.x so it doesn’t affect me much. Was just testing in Iron. Thanks.

As for the MySQL client version - yes, I’m well aware of that thanks (my problem has been my stuborness to work with the latest versions of PHP (then 5.2.10) and MySQL though they didn’t always play ball together. I then upgraded to the latests PHP (5.3) but then there were errors in revo/evo so downgraded. Have these been fixed btw? i think/hope that with PHP 5.3 the MySQL server-client wars have been resolved (?). Many thanks.

cheers/k
                      • 4,149 Posts
                      Quote from: kongondo at Jul 16, 2009, 02:33 PM

Seems you missed my post above? It works fine in FF3.5 and Safari 4.x so it doesn’t affect me much. Was just testing in Iron. Thanks.
                      Oh, my mistake. Good to hear it works in FF/Safari. Apologies on the confusion.

As for the MySQL client version - yes, I’m well aware of that thanks (my problem has been my stuborness to work with the latest versions of PHP (then 5.2.10) and MySQL though they didn’t always play ball together. I then upgraded to the latests PHP (5.3) but then there were errors in revo/evo so downgraded. Have these been fixed btw? Many thanks.

I’ve been doing testing on PHP 5.3.0 this week, and I think I’ve caught most of the ’deprecated’ errors. Assistance in finding them would be much appreciated. smiley But yes, it seems to be working fine on my PHP 5.3.0 macports install.