We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    This all sounds great. I like the idea of using chunks for the config since they can easily be accessed from either the Manager or the front end.

It sounds like this opens up the possibility of using other editors (e.g., Aloha, CKEditor, etc. -- maybe even Redactor) in NewsPublisher. I'll have to try to find time to explore this further.
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 1,145 Posts
      The original wrapper was designed for switches among the popular RTEs, but had to scale down to only TinyMCE since I was limited by not having access to MODx File browser api, and Responsive FileManager. RFM works flawlessly with CKEditor - so options are opening up.
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 708 Posts
        I've only been using Tiny Wrapper for a day or so but I simply can't imagine going back to the "old" RTE way. For me this has greatly raised my expectations of how a RTE (and file browser) should integrate with a CMS.

There is no reinventing of the wheel, as far as I'm concerned this is the way forward. Bravo.

https://creativ.space [ed. note: todd.b last edited this post 8 years, 8 months ago.]
          Todd
          • 1,145 Posts
          Thanks for the kind words.
          Glad to help.
            Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
            5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
            • 24,544 Posts
            I can't see this at the repo in Package Manager. I just updated to 2.3.5, but I checked and the settings_version System Setting is correct.

I can see it fine at modx.com/extras. I can't think of anything that would cause this, unless it's the underscore in the name, but you'd think that would affect modx.com/extras too.
              My MODX Extras
              • 1,145 Posts
              Yea, it is weird.
              I am thinking because the packaging tool I used, ThemePackageComponent, did not give options for Instructions, ReadMe, etc. I am just guessing.

Do you think the underscore will be a problem somewhere along the line withing MODx? [ed. note: donshakespeare last edited this post 8 years, 8 months ago.]
                • 24,544 Posts
                The underscore might be an issue, and not having a readme or changelog might as well.

It looks like it would be pretty easy to move it into MyComponent, which does most of that automatically for you. I'd be glad to help if you want to move it over. It's mainly just a matter of modifying the example config file. I think it would make it much easier to maintain the package over time.

I've been meaning to ask, does it really require 2.3.5 to work? Looking at the code, it looks like everything would work fine in 2.2.x.
                  My MODX Extras
                  • 1,145 Posts
                  Thanks, please please move it over, I'll send all the codes.

It really does not require 2.3.5, the code is so simple that it might even work in Evolution with small tweaks.
                  I stated so, because the options were getting tooooo many in the Submit an Extra form: the blasted form was like an examination.
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    Yes, the extra form is annoying until you get used to it. It's easy to change that, though.

Just go to modx.com/extras and put it in the search box.

[Update -- Sorry to say, it's no longer showing up there. I couldn't find it at all. I suspect the underscore. Search for donshakespeare, which worked yesterday, also turns up nothing]

Then click on "Update this Package" at the upper left. Scroll down to the "Requirements" section, fix it, and then scroll to the bottom and click on "Update Version."

[ed. note: BobRay last edited this post 8 years, 8 months ago.]
                      My MODX Extras
                      • 24,544 Posts
                      Do you mind if I move the files to their standard locations for a package?
                        My MODX Extras