We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 54 Posts
    Sweet! I got it working. Thanks Laurent.

Now I am trying to figure out how to make a richtext area, dropdown menu, or a checkbox list using an at binding...

Anyone have any idea how to do any of this stuff?

MODx 2.0.6
      PHP 5.3.3
      MySQL 5.1.50
      • 225 Posts
      i’d tell at bruno for this with autotag and he answer me :

I’m trying to implement TV-input-types, not only xtypes.
      Than you can use TVs with input-options and all that, as I did it for xdbedit.
      The third parameter is then a TVname, to get the right input-type.
      But it will take a while to figure that out.
      You have to use an ext-updater or the autoload-property to load and run the scripts from TV-input-types.

• 54 Posts
        Interesting, here i go to download xdbedit smiley

Also wondering what would be the faster way to hack this together-- custom DB tables to the ’rescue’ !
          MODx 2.0.6
          PHP 5.3.3
          MySQL 5.1.50
          • 54 Posts
          Quote from: lolotlm at Nov 15, 2010, 05:21 PM

i’d tell at bruno for this with autotag and he answer me :

I’m trying to implement TV-input-types, not only xtypes.
          Than you can use TVs with input-options and all that, as I did it for xdbedit.
          The third parameter is then a TVname, to get the right input-type.
          But it will take a while to figure that out.
          You have to use an ext-updater or the autoload-property to load and run the scripts from TV-input-types.

I wonder if the same is true for simply adding a richtext field? Are we limited to the extjs xtypes? I can get a combo box to display by using the xtype: ’modx-combo’, but can not fill it with options.. I can not figure out what the modx xtype is for richtext.. Any help?
            MODx 2.0.6
            PHP 5.3.3
            MySQL 5.1.50
            • 5,888 Posts
            for richtext, there isn’t a special xtype. We have to apply the richtext-editor after creating a new item-block to the texarea.
            I think we need to create a new customTV-input-type which we then can bind to the multiitem-field.
            When I release the next version of multiItemsTV you can also use richtext-TV(tinyMCE) as input-type, I hope.
            dropdown, imageTV, checkboxes and that are working allready on my test-server.
              -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
              • 151 Posts
              Wow, I’m really excited to see that many others are getting good use of this! I wonder if Drag & Drop sorting is a possibility? That would (IMO) turn this in to the ultimate TV!
                • 5,888 Posts
                yeah drag/drop would be nice. but I have still problems with dragging, when the scrollbar is moved a bit.
                Did you try to drag the blocks on the manager-start-page when scrollbar is moved a bit down?
                Maybe its the same reason that for example grid-menues are not on the right place when we move the scrollbar.
                I have to dig in that deeper before I can get drag/droping work correctly.
                Or has someone found solutions for this issues?

Thanks!
                  • 5,888 Posts
                  another idea is to show the items in a sortable grid, where you see per default only one main-field (title), if you have imageTV-field perhaps also a preview-image.
                  When you add or edit an item it opens a new window with a form for your item-fields.

Thanks!
                  • Hi Bruno,

MadeMyDay posted a screenr some days ago, if you’re not aware of it you might be interested » http://screenr.com/Gkk
                      • 151 Posts
                      Quote from: Bruno17 at Nov 15, 2010, 09:38 PM

another idea is to show the items in a sortable grid, where you see per default only one main-field (title), if you have imageTV-field perhaps also a preview-image.
                      When you add or edit an item it opens a new window with a form for your item-fields.
                      Definitely seems like a great idea! I think I could just about eliminate my need for Evo if sorting was possible. Until then...I’m stuck with Peter Bowyers custom TVs. Peter did a wonderful job with it...I’m just not savvy enough to figure it all out.

Quote from: Romain at Nov 15, 2010, 09:47 PM

Hi Bruno,

MadeMyDay posted a screenr some days ago, if you’re not aware of it you might be interested » http://screenr.com/Gkk
                      That is really cool...I wonder if "MadeMyDay" would be willing to share his code?