We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 217 Posts
    Hi,
    I am trying to implement new css3 Mega menu into wayfinder:
    http://codecanyon.net/item/css3-mega-drop-down-menu/126387

Problem is that every column in menu (first list) have different layout (theme).
    So what I need is basic wayfinder code to show first <ul><li class="menu">...</li></ul> and the for every "subfloder" diferent template (for example from chunk).
    So far I am hopeless...
      • 863 Posts
      You can use &rowIdPrefix to assign a unique id to each list item in your menu, of the format rowIdPrefix + docId

Like this:
      [[!Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &rowIdPrefix=`column`]]

Then you can target each item separately in your css, by #column1, #column2, etc....
      Try it out and have a look at the html you end up with.
        • 217 Posts
        Quote from: lucas at Jun 10, 2011, 09:21 AM

You can use &rowIdPrefix to assign a unique id to each list item in your menu, of the format rowIdPrefix + docId

Like this:

Then you can target each item separately in your css, by #column1, #column2, etc....
        Try it out and have a look at the html you end up with.
        Thanks for answer, but if I understand correctly each list can be modified only by CSS, but I need to create some div, span and links which means create new template (page) for each item.
          • 863 Posts
          Gotcha. If you’re not a coder you could do this using the Switch snippet.

Download and install that, then create a new chunk called ’rowTpl’:
          <li>[[!switch? 
                 &get=`[[+wf.docid]]`    
                 &c1=`1` &do1=`[[$chunk1]]`    
                 &c2=`2` &do2=`[[$chunk2]]`    
                 &c3=`3` &do3=`[[$chunk3]]`    
                 &default=`[[$defaultchunk]]`  
          ]]</li>

Basically this checks the docid of each menu item, and outputs a different chunk for each.

Then create chunks for each subnav layout you need, using Wayfinder’s placeholders where you need them.

And your Wayfinder call:
          [[!Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &rowTpl=`rowTpl`]]

Does that make sense? When all is working, cache both snippets as you won’t need them to run on every page load.

Edit: on second thoughts, I’m not sure if that will work from within Wayfinder tongue Let me know!
            • 217 Posts
            Quote from: lucas at Jun 10, 2011, 11:23 AM

Gotcha. If you’re not a coder you could do this using the Switch snippet.

Download and install that, then create a new chunk called ’rowTpl’:
            <li>[[!switch? 
                   &get=`[[+wf.docid]]`    
                   &c1=`1` &do1=`[[$chunk1]]`    
                   &c2=`2` &do2=`[[$chunk2]]`    
                   &c3=`3` &do3=`[[$chunk3]]`    
                   &default=`[[$defaultchunk]]`  
            ]]</li>

Basically this checks the docid of each menu item, and outputs a different chunk for each.

Then create chunks for each subnav layout you need, using Wayfinder’s placeholders where you need them.

And your Wayfinder call:
            [[!Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &rowTpl=`rowTpl`]]

Does that make sense? When all is working, cache both snippets as you won’t need them to run on every page load.

Edit: on second thoughts, I’m not sure if that will work from within Wayfinder tongue Let me know!

Maybe I forgot to mention that I am using Evolution, Switch snippet is made for Revolution
              • 863 Posts
              Switch will work on Evo but you won’t be able to install as a package.
              I’ve attached the snippet code here; create a new snippet named ’switch’ and copy and paste the attached code.

But I’m still not sure if it will work nested inside Wayfinder undecided
                • 217 Posts

...no ID added to the html. What am I doing wrong?
                  • 863 Posts
                  You need to use Evo snippet syntax:
                  [!Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &etc... !]

By the way, I tested the ’switch’ technique I suggested above and it works for me without any issues. I’ve got different chunks for each column and the Wayfinder placeholders all work too.
                    • 217 Posts
                    strange... it gives id for <li> only for last children....
                    but I need it only for the highest parent...
                      • 863 Posts
                      You can specify a custom innerRowTpl chunk with the ’id’ placeholder removed:
                      <li[+wf.classes+]><a href="[+wf.link+]" title="[+wf.title+]" [+wf.attributes+]>[+wf.linktext+]</a>[+wf.wrapper+]</li>

Not sure why the last few rows have no id though...