We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 241 Posts
    All,

I’m running a small web design company based in Thailand. We delivered a few projects for clients in Asia, Australia, and the West. Of course our tool of choice is MODx. I have had a lot of fun working with and learning MODx. And it would not be possible without the help and the support of the MODx community so as a token of my appreciation i would like to extend an open invitation for the fellow MODx-ers to come and spend some time at our Tapong, Thailand headquarters.

You might be wondering why should you care. Well, our headquarters are located 30 meters from one of the longest beaches in Thailand. It also happens to be a very cute guesthouse that i operate with my lovely girlfriend who happens to be a trained chef.
    We got a few guest rooms, pool table, and wifi that reaches to our private beach. The place is 2.5 hours from Bangkok and right across the water from the resort island of Koh Samed. I’ve attached a couple of pictures.

If you hail from Northern climes or just sick of the cold, wet winter we got a warm place for you.
    In addition to just relaxing I might have some work as well. Our company has seen a pickup in business recently so i continuously need help with delivering projects.
    So if you’re looking for a beautiful warm place in the sun for a short vacation or a longer change of scenery let me know.

Yours in MODx,

Kiril Okun
    • Amazing Kiril laugh
      I thought for a moment lack of sleep was causing me to hallucinate.
      I haven’t been on a sandy beach near the ocean in over 20 years. You’ve got me thinking smiley
        Mike Schell
        Lead Developer, MODX Cloud
        Email: [email protected]
        GitHub: https://github.com/netProphET/
        Twitter: @mkschell
      • man...

you’re remind me to get the real life very soon.
        these monitor’s pixels have blinded my eyes for so long.

sand, sun, and s*x.

i think i should make a plan to go to Bali. laugh
          Rico
          Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Thomas A. Edison
          MODx is great, but knowing how to use it well makes it perfect!

www.virtudraft.com

Security, security, security! | Indonesian MODx Forum | MODx Revo's cheatsheets | MODx Evo's cheatsheets

Author of Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.x, PHPTidy, spieFeed, FileDownload R, Upload To Users CMP, Inherit Template TV, LexRating, ExerPlan, Lingua, virtuNewsletter, Grid Class Key, SmartTag, prevNext

Maintainter/contributor of Babel

Because it's hard to follow all topics on the forum, PING ME ON TWITTER @_goldsky if you need my help.
          • 241 Posts
          oh, we got monitors as well. 7 to be exact. i got a sweet 4 monitor setup.
          but it’s all about balance. i’m yet to achieve it perfectly, but being in a place like this sure helps.
          and i always happy to share...
          • That’s awesome! laugh
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 13 Posts
              Wow, and allllll-right! I love this group.
                I vibrate molecules and play with zeros and ones.
                My digital/interactive agency: http://www.patrickortman.com
                • 1 Posts
                You’ve got to be kiddin’, Kiril ...

KOH SAMED is my favorite island and I know it when it was still young, 12 years ago. As a matter of fact, I just spent my birthday there last October. The only thing is - at that time I didn’t even know about MODx yet.

So next time jump off the ferry, I will make my way straight to you ... who knows, I may as well end up next door wink

Amazing how small this world is.
                • HI

Kiril,

what do I do than?

-25C outside, i pack my bags?

Dmitry
                    modx and ecommerce pro
                    • 241 Posts
                    Hey Zeroge,

Indeed, the world is becoming a much smaller place. Koh Samed is right across the water from us. I can see it while writing this in one of our beach hammocks.
                    Yes, it is true, wifi reaches all the way to the beach.

Dmitry,
                    we’ve been having a bit of a cold snap as well. The temps plunged to 25 Celsius in the morning. I had to push my daily swim to after 9am. Otherwise it just too cold.

All the best,

-Kiril

• Quote from: outre99 at Jan 12, 2010, 01:20 AM

we’ve been having a bit of a cold snap as well. The temps plunged to 25 Celsius in the morning. I had to push my daily swim to after 9am. Otherwise it just too cold.

LMAO.. too funny.
                        Mike Schell
                        Lead Developer, MODX Cloud
                        Email: [email protected]
                        GitHub: https://github.com/netProphET/
                        Twitter: @mkschell