This topic is a public reminder of documentation that I and others came across that is way below standards and should be improved.. feel free to link to specifics here, and please make sure it’s clear what is wrong, unclear or missing.
Hopefully, there are people (including myself) that can make time to increase the quality of the documentation when we know what to change, as the people who know what to do, rarely look into certain documentation...
Please post back when certain documentation mentioned here has been improved.
- eForm @ http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/eForm
: quite detailed regarding validation, but there is no guidance on what to do with the codes on there (-> put in a chunk named this or that)
Random links / notes from my docAdditions.txt on my desktop:
- Building a dynamic menu
- Using a different (background) image per page
- User registration and login
- Step-to-step setting up a dynamic website from a static site.
- Making a real basic contact form http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/FormIt.Examples.Simple+Contact+Page
- List of as much add-ons as possible with their general purpose, revolution/evolution, on the addon space.
- Static site turned dynamic
-- Including Wayfinder menu, getResources document listing, (Quip commenting)
Tips & Tricks:
- Save with ctrl+alt+s http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,51160.0.html
- Faster ExtJS loading in manager (for in CMPs): http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,59793.msg340121.html#msg340121