We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 230 Posts
    The firtst link:
    "Home 404 Not Found
    Oops!

Looks like the page you were looking for wasn’t found. Please check your referring links, and try the search option at the top.
    "

The second it’s ok! smiley
    Thanks so much!

Is it possible to dowload with package manager in revo?
    I dont see the pachage in the manager!

Thans and sorry for my english!
      • 1,118 Posts
      It’s not available via the package manager in REVO no as it is not officially supported - although in STAND ALONE mode it can perform its backup on your MODx site. Follow the install notes in the download and make sure you set your config file corectly. See notes below:

For the DATABASE SECTION YOU MUST USE THESE SETTINGS:

mysql = 2
      host = localhost
      user = username for the DB you are backing up
      pass = password for the DB you are backing up

dbase1 = name of the DB you are backing up
        • 230 Posts
        Thanks.
        i’m going to read the install file.

I hope to successed smiley
          • 129 Posts
          Hi guys

Am trying this backup system out in stand-alone mode as I need a backup system my client can use for my first Revo installation. Have to say that I also really miss not having this functionality built into Revo as standard (all my Evo clients are trained to do a quick backup before major site editing. Makes everybody feel a lot more comfortable and much less time-consuming if a roll-back is required than to start getting in touch with the hosting company and wait until they provide me with one, esp. with the vast variety of hosts I need to deal with).

As I’m no expert and have never done anything other than use the MODx Evo functionality (and don’t really want clients to have to log into MySQLadmin), I’ve followed the above instructions for installation. But here come the dummy question: what do I do next to actually run a backup?? Apologies for the possibly silly question, but I’m stuck ....

Also, just to double-check, do I need to install the backup folder directly onto the account root or into the MODx root?

Thanks!
            • 1,118 Posts
            rivendell48

If you have successfully installed and configured it all... all you need to do is visit your url /backup e.g. http://www.yourdomain.com/backup - you will then be prompted to login with the password and username credentials you input in the config files and you are into the backup app.

• 129 Posts
              Must have done something wrong in the config file, I’m just getting a 404 error. But I’ve gone through everything and can’t figure out what’s wrong... Will keep trying. Thanks!!
                • 1,118 Posts
                What was the name of the folder you made on the server to hold all of the backup files? If you did not name it "backup" then looking to run http://www.yourdomain.com/backup will not work as it does not exist... you need to replace "/backup" with whatever you named the folder...
                  • 129 Posts
                  No, I did name the folder backup. Could it have something to do with my base path? Have a weird set-up with this client whereby the site’s hosting was moved to me from their previous provider but the nameservers were not moved over as the old host still provides them with email services. So I had to give him the IP address of the new website to set up on his records. Never had this scenario with anybody else but could this be causing it?? I am pretty sure I have the base path in correctly in the manner I would have it for my other hosted sites. Aarrghh, will leave this now for a couple of hours and come back to it later. Feel like whatever mistake I made is probaly staring right at me. Thanks for your help and quick replies though!
                    • 1,118 Posts
                    Possibly... the config file should not really affect your ability to view the contents of the "/backup" folder though...
                      • 129 Posts
                      Now, there we go! Your last statement made the penny drop! I had placed the backup folder into the root of the host account for this site. I just changed it to a directory within the actual site’s root and hey presto!

So now that I have been able to log-on, what’s next? All I see is a red and grey BkupMODx home page and the option for Tools and Exit. But for Tools, there is only a list of key symbol explanations but nothing else?