We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 356 Posts
    When unpacking contents into assets/ what all needs to be added

I downloaded the button only

contents:

com/ ---- > inside this is zuardi/musicplayer/Musicbuttion.as, MusicPlayer.as, Playlist.as, ProgressiveSlider.as
    Main.as
    musicplayer_f6.swf
    musicplayer.swf
    musicplayerbtn.fla
    parameters_as

in your post you show assets/xspf_player/xspf_player.swf I don’t see any xspf_player.swf
      SMF Bookmark Mod - check it out
      http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=350
      • 1,097 Posts
      Quote from: bugsmi0 at Jul 21, 2006, 05:05 PM

I downloaded the button only ...

in your post you show assets/xspf_player/xspf_player.swf I don’t see any xspf_player.swf

I don’t know what the heck you downloaded.

I’ve changed the tense and made the correct link more obvious, but here’s the relevant part of doze’s post:

Quote from: doze at Apr 12, 2006, 11:53 PM

Download the player and unpack its content to assets/xspf_player. Put some songs to assets/songs and some cover pictures to assets/images.
        No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
        MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
        Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
        Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
        Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
        MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
        • 1 Posts
        This is weird! Just discovered this thread due to the latest post. Great demo/tutorial on how to integrate foreign tools to MODx.
        Love it! Gimme more! grin
          • 356 Posts
          <location>[(site_url)]assets/songs/machinae supremacy - Sidology 2 Trinity.mp3</location>
          is this the actual name of your example mp3 ? machines supremacy - Sidology Trinity.mp3 ? ?

can an mp3 have spaces in the name ?

I have the page almost working but it says undefined
            • 4,213 Posts
            Quote from: ppaul at Jul 26, 2006, 05:19 PM

This is weird! Just discovered this thread due to the latest post. Great demo/tutorial on how to integrate foreign tools to MODx.
            Love it! Gimme more! grin
            Yea, I didn’t even remember this one altought I still have it running on my site.. I’ll try to setup it with Ditto some time and try to make the playlist to come from modx documents and ability to upload file through TV and when I get that running, I’ll post this to the Resource Repository..

Quote from: bugsmi0 at Jul 26, 2006, 06:45 PM

is this the actual name of your example mp3 ? machines supremacy - Sidology Trinity.mp3 ? ?

can an mp3 have spaces in the name ?
            Yes and Yes.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
              • 356 Posts
              hmm something is not right, I have it set up exactly the way you have it on your site, I even used the same mp3 and album cover to test it and It still does not pull up the list, I only used one mp3 does it require more than 1 to work ?
                • 4,213 Posts
                Quote from: bugsmi0 at Jul 26, 2006, 07:32 PM

hmm something is not right, I have it set up exactly the way you have it on your site, I even used the same mp3 and album cover to test it and It still does not pull up the list, I only used one mp3 does it require more than 1 to work ?
                It should work with just 1 mp3. Do you use friendly alias paths? In the player document, try replacing the embed tag src:

src="[(site_url)]assets/xspf_player/xspf_player.swf?playlist_url=[~17~]"

with

src="[(site_url)]assets/xspf_player/xspf_player.swf?playlist_url=[(site_url)][~17~]"

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
                  • 1 Posts
                  I’ll try to setup it with Ditto
                  I know: this is very off-topic, but it’s also a chance wink
                  I’ve read a lot of posts concerning Ditto, and the documentation too (even the source - but it was a bit too complicated for me wink.
                  Anyway: I still don’t know what Ditto is all about essentially, from the core, so to say.
                  I know and I try it out right now on my dev-site and have seen that: Ditto can list things. Docs, posts, comments. It is very much more flexible than "ListIndexer" and "Newslisting" and apparently replaces them. OK. But why is Ditto appearing to be the modx "swiss army knife" on so many occasions? I wish the doc could have pointed out that more clearly. cool
                  If you can, please to me a favour, doze, and post that info somewhere!

EDIT: I think it’s not only me who would appreciate that favour!
                    • 4,213 Posts
                    That’s just it, Ditto can be used in various circumstances when you need to retrieve documents.

I look at Ditto just as a snippet that can retrieve documents in different forms.. And as you know, documents in modx can be just about whatever, image gallery items, webshop items, blog posts / comments, calendar events etc etc.. I’ve recently used Ditto in a GoogleMap snippet where you can do pins to the map as documents. I used Ditto to retrieve the markers as a javascript code (just made a chunk template what spills out javascript function calls with certain parameters).

And ditto can also output in JSON format (but currently there’s no ability to make "json template" or have TV’s in it). Kylej used that in the DittoCal snippet.

It get’s even easier in the upcoming Ditto version to use it inside another snippet because now you can pass the template code to use in the snippet call (no need to have it in a chunk). And there is also plans for an customizable XML output format.

but to get for example the playlist from ditto (1.0.3 beta) as xml, you could do some thing like this in your snippet (some what copy pasted from GoogleMapMarker):

<?php
                    // [number]
                    // The ID number of the top folder that has google marker documents
                    $startID = (isset($startID)) ? $startID : "";

// [number]
                    // Number of levels deep to go
                    $descendentDepth = (isset($descendentDepth)) ? $descendentDepth : 1;

// [text]
                    // Field to sort by (recommended values include createdon, pub_date, editedon)
                    $sortBy = (isset($sortBy)) ? $sortBy : "createdon";

// ["DESC" | "ASC"]
                    // Direction to sort by, either ASC (ascending) or DESC (descending)
                    $sortDir = (isset($sortDir)) ? $sortDir : "ASC";

$dittoChunk = '<track>
                        <location>[(site_url)][*tvMP3File*]</location>
                        <image>[(site_url)][*tvAlbumCover*]</image>
                        <annotation>[*pagetitle*]</annotation>
                       </track>';

$output = '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ? ><playlist version="0" xmlns = "http://xspf.org/ns/0/"><trackList>';

$output .= $modx->runSnippet("Ditto",array('descendentDepth' => $descendentDepth, 'sortBy' => $sortBy, 'sortDir' => $sortDir, 'summarize' => 'all', 'displayArchive' => '0', 'tpl' => $dittoChunk, 'startID' => $startID, 'showPublishedOnly' => '0', 'trunc' => '0'));

$output .= '</trackList></playlist>';

return $output;
                    ?>

Note that I put spaces in the end of <?xml?> tag so it would color the whole code..

So.. did it become any clearer for you? I don’t know what more I could/should write. Please, feel free to ask more if there is still something that you wonder..

• 1 Posts
                      Thanks doze!!
                      And yes, it makes it a bit clearer for me. Besides that I can imagine now how Ditto could have become that "swiss army knife". And I can imagine now that it depends on specific functional requirements to judge and USE Ditto properly.
                      Personally I still do not know how to decide if Ditto would be of relevance for a given requirement. undecided
                      I fear, I’ll have to figure out what Ditto really is - by studying the source.
                      I appreciate your help very much! And I’ll dare to post you any functional requirement if I think Ditto might do that job. This will help me most, in a practical as well as in the sense of understanding Ditto better. And, hopefully, other MODxers too...
                      Thanks again!