We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 143 Posts
    I did get it to work. It just does not seem to be consistent when it displays, sometimes just the images and no gallery and other times smoothgallery. Note, I’m using Safari as my browser. I’ll try to upload to my server later today.

Next, I keep getting the size limit error when uploading images. Has this changed? What did I need to change? In php or Maxigallery code?

thanks,

• 375 Posts
      Hello.

I think I have a problem. Well actually I do have one, maybe it is a problem of MaxiGallery.
      I have installed the version from top of this thread.

I call the gallery by
      [!MaxiGallery? &display=`embedded` &embedtype=`smoothgallery` &smoothgallery_width=`480` &smoothgallery_showArrows=`false` &smoothgallery_embedLinks=`false` &smoothgallery_showInfopane=`false` &smoothgallery_timed=`true` &smoothgallery_delay=`2500` &smoothgallery_showCarousel=`false` &smoothgallery_fadeDuration=`750` &order_by=`random`!]

This should display a beautiful slideshow.
      If I hit "Manage Pictures", I can only upload two pictures. The third picture will lead to a 500 internal server error. But, I can see the slideshow working with all three images. When I click "Manage ..." again, I only get the 500 internal server error. I need to delete one of the tree images directly from the database table to get it running again.

What can this be?

Thanks
      Martin
        • 332 Posts
        Quote from: charlie-imac at Jun 19, 2008, 08:53 PM

Next, I keep getting the size limit error when uploading images. Has this changed? What did I need to change? In php or Maxigallery code?

thanks,

I think I read somewhere (maybe the wiki article of maxigallery) that sometimes you webhost may have limitation as to how big a file can get uploaded. I can’t find that info though. Sorry.
          • 332 Posts
          For those who use Smoothgallery in MaxiGallery, if you also have Prototype or jQuery in your template, there is a conflict that preventing Smoothgallery from showing up in IE browser.

Took me a whole day to figure out.
            • 375 Posts
            Hello, I just discovered, that my problem is not new in version 0.6. I just downgraded to 0.5.2, and Maxigallery behaves like the new version. I’m using it with nearly the same call on several sites, but I never had this problem before.

Any ideas?

Martin
              • 2 Posts
              I am not sure whether this is my fault and I am doing something wrong, or in fact it is a known issue.

I can’t seem to get MaxiGallery to work with Firefox 3. I can see the Manage Files button and I can see the upload fields but when I try to do anything nothing happens and I get a blank page. When I then go back to the page nothing is uploaded.

I can get it to work on Safari perfectly, It looks amazing by the way...loving your work.

Any answer to this would be awesome.

Thanks in advance

Rob
                • 2 Posts
                OK it now bizarrely works in Firefox 3...so scrub the previous post...sorry.
                  • 143 Posts
                  Quote from: chinesedream at Jun 24, 2008, 09:16 AM

For those who use Smoothgallery in MaxiGallery, if you also have Prototype or jQuery in your template, there is a conflict that preventing Smoothgallery from showing up in IE browser.

Took me a whole day to figure out.

I’m getting all sort of errors in IE. Here is a link to a site that I’m developing.

http://diademinc-client.com/flashmodx/

I think it may be related to chinesedream’s observation.

• 2,310 Posts
                    My first observation is that I really don’t want my browser resizing for me !
                    If your site is around 1000px wide, why resize my browser to 1920px, and hide all the other stuff I’ve got open ?
                    Moan over grin
                    I’ve tried it in IE7 on Windows XP and it ran fine.
                      • 143 Posts
                      Quote from: bunk58 at Jul 03, 2008, 03:37 PM

My first observation is that I really don’t want my browser resizing for me !
                      If your site is around 1000px wide, why resize my browser to 1920px, and hide all the other stuff I’ve got open ?
                      Moan over grin
                      I’ve tried it in IE7 on Windows XP and it ran fine.

I know what you mean about the browser resizing but if a client wants it I’ve stopped trying to tell them otherwise. They see it at other popular website aimed at artist.

I was testing using XP and IE7. When I click on Singles I get the "Object doesn’t support this property or method ". The line causing the problem is in mooSortable.js ’var class=function(properties) (var klass=function()’. I also get a type mismatch on this line ’var MooTools={version:’1.11’};function $defined(obj)’. I don’t know what could be different between your IE7 and mine.