We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,732 Posts

So once I have a CVS checkout and I have the menus and permissions done, how do you want me to give it back to you?

Hmmm,

You don't have to wait until then. You can sen me the code via email or PM.
      xWisdom
      www.xwisdomhtml.com
      The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
      MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
      • 1 Posts

You don't have to wait until then. You can sen me the code via email or PM.

Well, I do need to recode it against a CVS checkout to make sure I don't leave something out. smiley

Shouldn't take that long-- I'll give you the menu changes first and then come back and adapt it to the permissioning once I have that done. I'm expecting that there will be some feedback on a couple of my thoughts in that area (specifically on how to handle possible key collisions).

So I'll send you an email with my changed files. Going to hold off until the major commit happens, though, to ensure I'm reasonably up-to-date. smiley
        • 138 Posts
        Nice thing, please ryan use this layout in modx
          patagonia, argentina
          • 577 Posts
          UGH :cry:

No link to check out what is being discussed here.

However, I too have a distaste for frames. However, I must admit the only frames that I do put it with is for phpmyadmin, although, I still cringe whenever I hit the back button in my browser since I normally have to start from home whenever I do. defintiely :evil:

Also, just out of curiosity what other OS projects did you integrate?
            Tangent-Warrior smiley
            • 1 Posts
            UGH :cry:

No link to check out what is being discussed here.

Sorry, don't really have a public demo. Hopefully, soon, though, you'll be able to check it out for yourself.

Actually, once I have this working on the latest CVS, I'll publish a link where everyone can see it for themselves and comment. smiley

Also, just out of curiosity what other OS projects did you integrate?

Etomite + PHPNuke + Simple Machines Forum (SMF)

*nuke only as far as the DB abstraction and module support. All user accounts ran out of SMF, as did the update/permissioning. The SMF admin was integrated into the Etomite backend and logging into either the public website or the backend logged you in on both sides (assuming you had sufficient permissions).

Other enhancements include the DHTML menu layout, inline editing on the public side of the site, an API to add new preferences to the admin (thus allowing snippets to set and retreive properties), and a few dozen other things that I'm sure I've forgotten. smiley
              • 577 Posts
              Looking forward to get a peep cool

Wow, that must have been lot's of time to put all of that together. :!:
                Tangent-Warrior smiley
                • 56 Posts
                It seems that you were able to integrate SMF. I'm still reviewing SMF and PunBB. The latter is very quick but doesn't allow graphics to be incorporated. SMF is the complete thing and is still very quick but seems very difficult to completely integrate. So congrats for doing so.
                  • 1 Posts
                  Wow, that must have been lot's of time to put all of that together. :!:

About six or seven months of full time work, yep. Still easier than writing all of that to begin with, I'd imagine, although there was a good week when I was convinced I could do it easier by just rewriting it from scratch.

I wouldn't mind doing an SMF integration again, but never again any *nuke variant.
                    • 577 Posts
                    ugh. I can understand the love and hate in situations like that.

But, I bet you still enjoyed the challenge of the whole thing laugh
                      Tangent-Warrior smiley
                      • 138 Posts
                      Quote from: infoclipper at Mar 30, 2005, 05:45 PM

Id love to see this in MODx! There is a reason for not having this great menu in our manager?

cheers
                        patagonia, argentina