On March 26, 2019 we launched new MODX Forums. Please join us at the new MODX Community Forums.
Subscribe: RSS
  • Digital Butter - MODX Premiere Partners Reply #11, 8 years, 6 months ago
    Quote from: goldsky at Feb 28, 2011, 06:33 PM

    Yeah strange,
    some part it works, some doesn’t: http://modx.com/extras/package/provisioner

    Hmm, I have issues with the tabs here as well. Firefox 3.6.13 on Mac. Not sure if this JS error is throwing something off?

    • Quote from: splittingred at Feb 28, 2011, 06:25 PM

      Quote from: goldsky at Feb 28, 2011, 06:16 PM

      What is the yellow background?
      For "featured" Extras.

      And how can we get that ’solid’ tag, as audited and approved?
      We’ll be establishing a more formal process, but currently it’s available to Extras that the core team has decided meets top standards of MODX coding. We’ll iron out the actual requirements and process of it soon. Feedback is always welcome on this.

      I’m sure this is still in progress, but I thought I’d mention that most of my component packages (not including SPForm) have been rewritten to pretty rigorous standards and I consider most of them fairly solid Let me know if there’s something I need to do to bring them up to snuff.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • Is it me or has the templates category/tag gone? Also the old site has a link to ’my packages’ when you log in, this seems to have gone also, this quite handy to get you quickly to your packages to update them etc.
          Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
        • Quote from: shamblett at Mar 01, 2011, 08:21 AM

          Is it me or has the templates category/tag gone?
          We’re going to be building a separate repository for Templates very soon, with a different view.

          Also the old site has a link to ’my packages’ when you log in, this seems to have gone also, this quite handy to get you quickly to your packages to update them etc.
          We’ll be improving your user page to do this, and probably adding a my packages link as well. For now, http://modx.com/extras/author/shamblett will get you there.
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
          • Hi,
            The new Extras section looks smashing!
            I have found problems with it though:

            1. If i go to my Simplx add-ons and click for example the latest "SIMPLX Widgeteer 0.5.0-beta1" i end up on "SIMPLX Widgeteer 0.1.0-beta". The latter is also what is downloaded.
            2. When i uploaded my new "SIMPLX RPC 0.6" i set the required version to Revo but it still says Evo on the information page.
            3. When i had finished the process of adding the extra i landed on a 404 page.
            4. The link in the confirmation mail (http://modx.com/reuse-me-please/feedtest/simplxrpc) landed me on a 404 page.

            Will see if i can dig up some more bugs wink


            Ciao,
            Lars
              Keep it SIMPLX
            • Ok, thanks Shaun
                Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
              • Quote from: goldsky at Feb 28, 2011, 06:47 PM

                Quote from: charliez at Feb 28, 2011, 06:42 PM

                Just playing the devils advocate here for a moment...
                what is the point of a Revo Extras section if we download all of them
                from within Revo (Package Management) ?
                Manual upload.
                TinyMCE does need this situation.

                Don’t know if anyone else has reported this, but sometime yesterday the Package Management broke in Revo... I had upgraded from 2.07-pl to 2.08-pl around the same time, so I thought it was a quirk with the upgrade, but other sites that havn’t been upgraded show the same issue.

                http://rest.modxcms.com/extras/

                ...is reporting a 404 not found, and the behavior inside package management is that packages list that upgrades are available on the first screen, but then say that you have the up to date package in the "dialog box" that appears when you try to update them.

                I assume it’s related to the new extras section?
                • Quote from: nondescript at Mar 01, 2011, 02:24 PM

                  Don’t know if anyone else has reported this, but sometime yesterday the Package Management broke in Revo... I had upgraded from 2.07-pl to 2.08-pl around the same time, so I thought it was a quirk with the upgrade, but other sites that havn’t been upgraded show the same issue.
                  http://rest.modxcms.com/extras/
                  ...is reporting a 404 not found, and the behavior inside package management is that packages list that upgrades are available on the first screen, but then say that you have the up to date package in the "dialog box" that appears when you try to update them.
                  I assume it’s related to the new extras section?

                  This has been fixed; it was a bug in earlier Revolution releases that was sending the ’productVersion’ variable wrong. We’ve added a workaround for those versions to the provider. Thanks!
                    shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
                  • Quote from: splittingred at Mar 01, 2011, 02:42 PM

                    This has been fixed; it was a bug in earlier Revolution releases that was sending the ’productVersion’ variable wrong. We’ve added a workaround for those versions to the provider. Thanks!

                    You must have literally just done that, I tested it not 5 minutes ago. smiley

                    Working now. Thanks!!!
                    • Im still getting an error even the update version shows correctly.
                      Please see printscreen attached.