We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Wonder if he wants to become an active community member?
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 786 Posts
      Nice find, its nice to know Modx can handle the digg frontpage!
        • 3 Posts
        Hello,

I’m Tony from Protolize website. You guys are correct. This site is powered by Modx. I just recently found this CMS and find it really simple and easy to use yet very powerful. Let me know if you guys know any good resources or tools that you use. Thanks.

ps. I’m trying to add rss feed to the website and I’ll need some detailed instructions on this. Thanks.
          • 786 Posts
          Quote from: tonyyoo at May 01, 2006, 06:41 PM

ps. I’m trying to add rss feed to the website and I’ll need some detailed instructions on this. Thanks.

Here is a link to a simple rss example. There may be some others on the forums as well, just do a search for rss.

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,3807.0.html

If you could we would love to hear about how Modx held up while you were on the frontpage of Digg.

Thanks,
          Kyle
          • Welcome aboard Tony... Love the design AND the content of your site. Nicely done, sir! laugh
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 7,075 Posts
              Ditto, great work Tony and nice to have you there laugh

A great item for the MODx site showcase grin
                .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
                • 3 Posts
                I need help adding rss feed on my website. I’ve searched forum but I’m new to Modx and RSS so it is really hard for me to follow. I need a barebone instruction on how to do this. I would really appreciate any help. And one more thing... am I suppose to use NewsFeed or NewsListing? Which one is simpler?
                • Hi Tony,

Well, I’ve been using NewsFeed to generate RSS Feeds on my site - I imagine that NewsListing is ultimately more flexible in terms of what gets included in the feed but I just wanted something quick ’n easy.

To set up an RSS feed using NewsFeed:

1. Install the NewsFeed snippet.
                  2. Create a blank page (using the blank template) and set content type to ’text/xml’.
                  3. Add the following snippet call to the page (where xx is the folder that you want to generate the RSS for): [!NewsFeed? &newsfolder=`xx`!]

That’s all I’ve done and works a treat.

I’m sure one of the NewsListing gurus will be able to talk you through how to set up NewsListing if you choose to use that instead. wink

Hope that helps, Garry

Garry Nutting
                    Senior Developer
                    MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
                    Twitter: @garryn
                    Web: modx.com
                    • 3 Posts
                    thank you for quick reply. I have a question. Can I target the document instead of folder? And how do I target the root document?
                    • Root doc would be ID 0

A folder is just a document that contains other documents. Should work I think.