We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Point taken. We’ll put it in line after we release the next version of MODx.
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 3 Posts
      Have you considered the possibility that it may be your own monitor that is configured wrong? In order to make the copyright visible I have to turn the gamma up so high that the black becomes washed out looking, as do all the other colors. I’m not suggesting for one minute that you have deliberately hidden the copyright, but I do think that there is a strong possibility that you need to make it a bit lighter as it could well be that you have your monitor set to light.

Oh and love the site by the way, and I’m looking forward to trying modX on my local server. Who knows, if I like what I see I might start porting my themes over, and creating some especially for it.

Wolfenrook.
      • Coming from a background in prepress for more than 15 years where monitor calibration is critical to getting a paycheck, I can assure you my monitor is not mis-calibrated.

Thanks for the comments, but our priorities right now are finishing our next release and as stated above:
        Point taken. We’ll put it in line after we release the next version of MODx

There are many other tweaks to lump in with that one.
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 577 Posts
          Not to take sides here but ....

I just clicked on the link below about 2-3 days ago to pick up the latest release of SMF to work with the new module.

lolo, I have more trouble viewing the content of the little white boxes on the bottom !

cheers!
            Tangent-Warrior smiley
            • 204 Posts
            Quote from: Wolfenrook at Mar 28, 2006, 02:02 PM

Have you considered the possibility that it may be your own monitor that is configured wrong? In order to make the copyright visible I have to turn the gamma up so high that the black becomes washed out looking, as do all the other colors. I’m not suggesting for one minute that you have deliberately hidden the copyright, but I do think that there is a strong possibility that you need to make it a bit lighter as it could well be that you have your monitor set to light.

Oh and love the site by the way, and I’m looking forward to trying modX on my local server. Who knows, if I like what I see I might start porting my themes over, and creating some especially for it.

Wolfenrook.

Hello, I’m an independent and not part of any conspiracy - when I found modx the first thing I was impressed with was their ultra cool forum setup (yeah, that caught my attention first), when I checked the bottom of the page I was surprised to find SMF - I thought these clever people might have thrown together a custom job, but the grey link said otherwise . . . and they gave it a hover effect - really, above and beyond the call of duty giving the plug it’s very own custom hover?

Anyway, I have 2 iMac’s, 1 powerbook and an notebook - the links visible on all four machines - the notebook’s got an uncalibrated panel cause I only use it straight out of the box "just" for testing IE6 layouts.

Perhaps you can post ss’s of what your seeing along with your settings and setup smiley

• The SMF Links look good, a nice silver kind of colour.

Also viewed on various monitors it’s visible.

http://www.onesmarthost.co.uk
                UK MODX Hosting with love.
                • 1,193 Posts
                Looks fine to me, now can we get back to the MODx community and more pressing issues than the color of a link and whether or not one user thinks it’s too dark?

-sD-
                  Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
                  All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
                • LOL

Thank you ScottyD. Rock on!
                    • 1,198 Posts
                    I’ve tested on 4 monitors I can see the smf link very well on two monitors with the third monitor is not very clear and with the last and oldest monitor is not visible...of course it’s monitor issue or settings.
                    If your monitor is not old you can try to adjust your video card settings.
                      Free MODx Graphic resources and Templates www.tattoocms.it
                      -----------------------------------------------------

MODx IT  www.modx.it
                      -----------------------------------------------------

bubuna.com - Web & Multimedia Design
                      • 122 Posts
                      This is what I see....

Edit: I’ve noticed I can just about read it at night as the room is slightly darker with the light on. However earlier in the day, when the room has sunlight it’s pretty much unreadable for me (can’t even see it there). Just thought I’d mention it.