We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 16 Posts
    Well... I am not going to format my system to fix the display of the only site in the world that displays wrong!
    Sorry if this is an offend to you, I didn’t mean it, and even now that I read again, I don’t see the point. So please don’t feel concern about being misconsider, this is really not the case.
    I wouldn’t spend time here for such a purpose, I would find better to do thanks!
    As for the remark "only 1 or 2 people", I think you are speaking of the 2 that did react on that problem, but you might don’t know how many actually experience that and run away. But I guess you know it better than I could.

Again, I apologize if you feel I am a disgusting person, and I was just trying to help the community out because I see both a lot of potential in modx and a lot of issues, but I do not want to impose myself, and again I didn’t mean to be mean, still don’t realize, so I might ask around but well, probably won’t change me a my age. So feel free to banish me from the forum if I am too anoying, at least, you gave me an idea on one reason!
      • 1,495 Posts
      lol.
      Toti, sorry for my offending post as well then. wink You know, if you meet me in person, you will know that I’m a soft kind of guy who never speak harsh word and etc, even I never say s or f word to my colleague, so I’m easily get offended. grin

The conclusion is that we don’t know you yet. This will be a good time for us to know each other more. Just chill out and feel free to ask any questions, we will be more than happy to help you out with your problem.

Sincerely,
        Wendy Novianto
        [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
        [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
      • LOL

toti, you can’t take it all too seriously ... you put a great setup there for me, and I’m always gonna take those. I apologize if I offended you. Feedback is always appreciate, and everyone’s input is welcome any time even it it comes across less than diplomatically.

I did in fact change your theme back to the SMF default which will probably work better for you (you might need to logout and back in first though ... if that still doesn’t work for you, you can blame the Simple Machines folks!).

However, at this point we can’t try to be all things to all people. At this stage in our life as a project, we’re really trying to be under the radar and work with some folks who will dig in and help hack the code and make it better. Does that mean it’s great as a newbie system: no... but there’s a lot of less experienced user using it. (I personally think it makes more sense than most alternatives, but I’m just a silly, unsophisticated redneck from East Texas, so take my opinion for what it’s worth.)

I would say that if you stick in and get to know the vibe in the community, you’ll really come to appreciate how cool MODx really is. There are some really powerful gems burried under a pretty simple interface once you get used to it (TVs + @INHERIT for one really cool example, and @bindings in general for another).

We’d love to have you around, just try to work with the folks that are FREELY giving you their time and attention.

Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 3,975 Posts
          Quote from: karsten at Jan 30, 2006, 11:10 PM

And Zi... ok - I haven´t been to Pakistan lately... but as far as I know, Pakistan is a little more... solid? wink

Karsten, how is our new theme btw ;P , and sorry, I can’t get your line above sad , can you explain a little tongue

@Toti: We love to listen to your views about new forum skin and its functionalities ?

regards,

zi
            Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
          • He means your swimming location. wink
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me