We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 77 Posts
    Very good news grin thanks to all
      Nicolas
      • 7,075 Posts
      On the english side of things : I have finally drawn some attention on textpattern’s forum smiley What is good is it’s one of the devs (zem), an admin and plugin developper (mary) and a plugin developper (hakjoon)... That’s good for us, since it will draw interrest to MODx...

The thing is, I am still a relative MODx newbie : if you want to do some fact checking on my posts there or even better, make post yourselves you can see my answer to their questions here :
      http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?pid=86886#p86886
        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
      • Very cool David. Will have to pay a visit!
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • And visited. Check the same thread. Good vibe there, too!
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 7,075 Posts
            Ryan, this will help attracting people here and I don’t think there will be any problem with your post, quite the contrary. Textpattern’s community is very open, and having one of MODx founders answer question about MODx will certainly be a definite plus.

The guys who use Textpattern are talented people, some of whom are making a living out of webdesign and need more than one tool to do the job (and, hey, did you know John Hicks runs Textpattern on hicksdesign.co.uk ? grin). As a textpattern early adopter, I truly think MODx will appeal to them thanks to the modular / flexible approach...

Anyway, that’s pretty cool you taking the time to post there. Much appreciated smiley

MODx est l'outil id
              • 7,075 Posts
              Thanks to Susan (amazing job, again !), we are now able to offer a modified version of MODx that runs on the biggest free hosting service in France (Free.fr), which is also a french DSL provider. This is a HUGE thing since a lot of french are using this for personnal needs, and few CMS run properly on this hosting service.

The Framasoft article has gone up the roof 3489 hits yesterday, 4311 hits today and it was only published 4 days ago... We also have 1300 hits from webmaster hub... things are rolling nicely !

MODx est l'outil id
                • 1,732 Posts
                Hi David,

This sounds great! Many thanks to you and Susan for working on get this issue resolved.

Can you please log any changes that you think we need to make to the core files in order to get things working smoothly? Please log inside http://modxcms.com/bugs/
                  xWisdom
                  www.xwisdomhtml.com
                  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
                  MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
                  • 7,075 Posts
                  Well I could log them, but I’ll better wait for many testers to confirm everything runs smoothly. Basically, Susan found out this was a path related problems. I don’t know if it’s a good thing to add this in the distribution since the hosting configuration is so specific (and I am in no way able to make a call here).

The only thing modified here was to append ./includes/ to the relatives path (except for actions/ and processors/ path) in manager/index.php and do the same for language includes in accesscontrol.inc.php and francais.inc.php.

Susan, correct me if I am wrong since you’re the one who solved it smiley

Raymind, if you need me to log this I’ll gladly do this once you give the OK for it.

MODx est l'outil id
                    • 1,732 Posts
                    It’s good to make a note of it in the bug tracker so when we are going through we can be reminded of what needs to be done.

This is more a feature/request for 0.9.5.

In some cases there might be other ISPs that prevent users from making such adjustments to the php.ini settings
                      xWisdom
                      www.xwisdomhtml.com
                      The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
                      MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
                    • It was a little tricky at times figuring out which includes needed it and which ones didn’t. I am pretty sure I caught them all (except for that sneaky one in langs/francais.inc.php!), but time and usage will tell.

I really hope that as time passes we’ll be able to make the core more and more simple and generic, without clever things like this that end up biting somebody in a delicate place! Sure, it saved somebody a little extra typing, but as far as I’m concerned if it causes even one installation to fail it’s not a feature, it’s a bug.
                        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org