We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7,075 Posts
    Another step toward "getting the word out" : I have done a complete rewrite of the article submitted by simonpca (and refused twice) to the french equivalent of opensourcecms.com, framasoft (a directory of opensource applications).

I have taken into account what I’ve discussed with Ryan, to make sure we handle the growth of the french community properly (e.g attracting advanced users and coders towards MODx first).

I am pretty much convinced this time the article will get published. I’ll try to have it translated in english and report here, some time this week so that you can get an idea of the pitch I tossed at them smiley

Even if we have only ten new contributors, we’ll double the actual french community grin
      .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
      • 7,075 Posts
      Not meaning to brag there (ok yeah maybe a little...) but as I foretold, my complete rewrite of the article submitted to Framasoft has been accepted by the moderator and will be soon published cool

This will most definitely be a great thing for the french community, for it will bring traffic to the french subforums. As I said, I will translate this in english soon, might come in handy laugh

MODx est l'outil id
      • Congrats and thanks David!

grin

Can’t wait to see the translation.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 835 Posts
          Hi,

I have created the Modx note on the framasot wiki.
          It was refused because it seemed to be a simple translation of the Modx website
          Mina help me and it was refused again because not enough neutral. We love Modx grin

So I decided to ask to the french community the B’s and C’s of Modx
          A lot of B’s and some C’s

After that, simonpca re-write the notice. If you know who simonpca is ?
          Davidm re-write again with is "personnal touch"

Now, the notice is publishable. We have to wait some days now.

I think that we will create a post with the list of the "French-speaking websites" which speak of Modx.

I’m waiting the answers of the webstites : Clubic, Comscript, phpscripts-Fr
          I sent emails to severol opensource magazin.

Aour
          • Thanks aour!
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 835 Posts
              Hi,

According to me "thank’s to the french community" is better wink

Aour
              • Absolutely smiley
                  • 7,075 Posts
                  Quote from: aour at Nov 17, 2005, 05:12 PM
                  Hi,
                  According to me "thank’s to the french community" is better wink
                  Aour

Success is often adding up small things to make big ones, so yes of course it’s a team victory !!!

Quote from: aour at Nov 17, 2005, 05:07 PM
                  Hi, I have created the Modx note on the framasot wiki. It was refused because it seemed to be a simple translation of the Modx website. Mina help me and it was refused again because not enough neutral. We love Modx grin So I decided to ask to the french community the B’s and C’s of Modx A lot of B’s and some C’s

As I said when I discovered the french community, you have done a great job building the french community Aour. Those phpscript and comscripts submission are nice idea. Clubic I don’t necessarily think will help right now. But submitting to Framasoft was a true good move !

As for the writing, it was a team effort, I just tipped things off : my being bilingual and also a professionnal, as well as a CMS geek didn’t hurt the rewriting process. At first I was truly embarrassed to make such cuts in the original text, which for the most part I completely rewrote. I was expecting some hot debate over this (no doubt in time we’ll get those grin), or a rollback from simonpca, but you played along and supported it and that’s great.

I love MODx too, and frankly "as it is" the article isn’t that neutral at all. It just looks like it is tongue
                  Okay now you know my ego can become towering at times wink Hopefully, I don’t take myself seriously at all, though I will defend my ideas ferociously when I enter a debate...

Quote from: aour at Nov 17, 2005, 05:07 PM
                  After that, simonpca re-write the notice. If you know who simonpca is ?

Didn’t but I googled him, he is canadian and 18 years old, if you want to check out his blog :
                  http://www.blogsimonpca.ca.cx/

Quote from: aour
                  Davidm re-write again with is "personnal touch"

Given the way I butchered it (so to speak), I don’t think touch is the right word tongue
                  Sorry for the joke, can’t help it...

Quote from: aour
                  I think that we will create a post with the list of the "French-speaking websites" which speak of Modx.

This is a very good idea, I’ll also set a google watch on this...

MODx est l'outil id
                    • 835 Posts
                    @Davidm : thank’s. I discover your good job on a lot of project (but i never understand textpattern).

I will contact simonpca. One member more is important

Aour
                      • 7,075 Posts
                      And thanks to you too...

Yeah I tend to scatter around (too many center of interest !) but lately I’ve decided to focus on few promising projects. In fact I decided to elect which web application was top notch in its area, and MODx is one of those few.

MODx est l'outil id