We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7,075 Posts
    I don’t use @import, and it works out fine for me too... true it’s odd to have an html extension for a css file, but it’s only a rewrite rule trick, the document still is text/css and interpreted as such.

There has been a discussion however on how to separate extension for each content type
      .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
      • 283 Posts
      i cant seem to get this to work!
      i have saved a txt/css in the repository with the id of 118

cant seem to import it or link it sad

any ideas?
      thnx
        Everytime you use Flash ... a puppy dies .....
        R.G Taylor
      • For our blog section, we created a document in our Repository folder with an alias of "blog.css" .

Our template contains one line to call it:
          <link href="[(base_url)]blog.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

And it just works. smiley
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 7,075 Posts
          Nice to know alias documents can include a specific extension, very nice indeed !

I’ll sure use this smiley
            .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l&#39;outil id
            • 283 Posts
            Man I MUST be some sort of idiot ..

i cant for the life of me get this to work!
            can someone give me an idiots guide please?

i cant seem to get friendly URLS to work either .. i get a 500 server misconfiguration error!
            and modx is in teh root :/

Everytime you use Flash ... a puppy dies .....
              R.G Taylor
            • Lizard, that’s the problem (FURLs). In ordrer for my tip to work, you HAVE to have FURLs enabled. By default, MODx builds site URLs like:
              yoursite.com/index.php?id=NNN

Where "NNN" is the page ID of the page being viewed (as stored in the database).

When FURLs are on and working successfully, you can call the same page via the following additional methods:
              mysite.com/NNN
              mysite.com/NNN.html
              mysite.com/NNN's-alias
              mysite.com/NNN's-alias.html

FURLs when accessed via the MODx method of referencing pages ([~NNN~]) will always first try to use the page’s alias, then will fall back to the document ID, and then append ".html". By naming your files in the alias with a custom extension (not really) you get the workaround of taking advantage of the NNN’s-alias (wihout the appended .html).

For what it’s worth, I’ve not been successful in getting URL rewriting working in IIS, but have never run into any issues on *nix servers running Apache with mod_rewrite. Hope this helps.
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 239 Posts
                Quote from: Lizard at Feb 05, 2006, 02:02 PM
                i cant seem to get friendly URLS to work either .. i get a 500 server misconfiguration error!
                and modx is in teh root :/
                I had a problem with the 500 error in the past too when I enabled the antiflicker lines at the bottom of the .htaccess file. So if you have those enabled try disabling them.
                • I had a problem with the 500 error in the past too when I enabled the antiflicker lines at the bottom of the .htaccess file. So if you have those enabled try disabling them.

I had similar problems if the php compression options were enabled in the .htaccess, caused me major issues on my hosted account. You could also try disabling them if the antiflicker adjustments don’t work.

Cheers, Garry
                    Garry Nutting
                    Senior Developer
                    MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
                    Twitter: @garryn
                    Web: modx.com
                    • 46 Posts
                    Alot of servers are now using phpExec which basicaly runs PHP as a CGI its ment to be for security but i hate this option...

1. The Host loses alot of control over the PHP.

2. Apache loses its control over PHP which means using php_flags in the .htaccess file causes a 404 Error, i have to quite regularaly remove php_flags from .htaccess files that are distributed with scripts like modx as it is those that cause the 500 internal server error...

Apache Doesn’t know what to do with the flags so instead of just ignoring them and continuing it chucks up the error and confuses alot of people...

Basicaly if you are having a 500 internal server error check with your host if they use a CGI based PHP...

3. Yes there is always a 3 tongue... running as CGI though more secure against 97% of attacks is acctualy more prone to its own errors...
                      • 1 Posts
                      I have a document with css type call "mycss.css" in stylesheets folder

I put this link in my template call "test":
                      <link href="[(site_url)]stylesheets/mycss.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

I assign a document testing to "test" template and when I view this URL in FF it works as it should but I when view it in IE the stylesheets mycss.css does not seems to make any affect to the page:

Here is the link: http://www.chanh.blogdns.com/modx/testing.html

Please take a look in your FF and IE and provide your feedback on what you see.

PS: My guess is since this mycss document is not a file so it is not being download in IE so it does not show the stylesheet like it does with FF.

What do you think?

Thanks