We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3,975 Posts
    Zaigham (aka zi) Reply #1, 19 years ago
    Ordering Pizza in 2015 (Humor)

Operator: "Thank you for calling Pizza Hut. May I have your..."

Customer: "Hi, I'd like to order."

Operator: "May I have your NIDN first, sir?"

Customer: "My National ID Number, yeah, hold on, eh, it's 6102049998-45-54610."

Operator: "Thank you, Mr. Sheehan. I see you live at 1742 Meadowland Drive, and the phone number's 494-2366. Your office number over at Lincoln Insurance is 745-2302 and your cell number's 266-2566. Which number are you calling from, sir?"

Customer: "Huh? I'm at home. Where d'ya get all this information?"

Operator: "We're wired into the system, sir."

Customer: (Sighs) "Oh, well, I'd like to order a couple of your All-Meat Special pizzas..."

Operator: "I don't think that's a good idea, sir."

Customer: "Whaddya mean?"

Operator: "Sir, your medical records indicate that you've got very high blood pressure and extremely high cholesterol. Your National Health Care provider won't allow such an unhealthy choice."

Customer: "Dang . What do you recommend, then?"

Operator: "You might try our low-fat Soybean Yogurt Pizza. I'm sure you'll like it."

Customer: "What makes you think I'd like something like that?"

Operator: "Well, you checked out 'Gourmet Soybean Recipes' from your local library last week, sir. That's why I made the suggestion."

Customer: "All right, all right. Give me two family-sized ones, then. What's the damage?"

Operator: "That should be plenty for you, your wife and your four kids, sir. The 'damage,' as you put it, heh, heh, comes to $49.99."

Customer: "Lemme give you my credit card number."

Operator: "I'm sorry sir, but I'm afraid you'll have to pay in cash. Your credit card balance is over its limit."

Customer: "I'll run over to the ATM and get some cash before your driver gets here."

Operator: "That won't work either, sir. Your checking account's overdrawn."

Customer: "Never mind. Just send the pizzas. I'll have the cash ready. How long will it take?

Operator: "We're running a little behind, sir. It'll be about 45 minutes, sir. If you're in a hurry you might want to pick 'em up while you're out getting the cash, but carrying pizzas on a motorcycle can be a little awkward."

Customer: "How the heck do you know I'm riding a bike?"

Operator: "It says here you're in arrears on your car payments, so your car got repo'ed. But your Harley's paid up, so I just assumed that you'd be using it."

Customer: "@#%/$@&?#!"

Operator: "I'd advise watching your language, sir. You've already got a July 2006 conviction for cussing out a cop."

Customer: (Speechless)

Operator: "Will there be anything else, sir?"

Customer: "No, nothing. Oh, yeah, don't forget the two free liters of Coke your ad says I get with the pizzas."

Operator: "I'm sorry sir, but our ad's exclusionary clause prevents us from offering free soda to diabetics."

Anonymous

----
    Regards, :lol: :lol:

zi
      Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
      • 577 Posts
      You know what -- that's not funny.

Being over here in Japan for the past 12 years has helped me see the States in a different light.

Every time I see military patrolling, a new law passed, the Homeland Protection what ever you call it, and such ... brings up really bad images.

Is freedom being exchanged for safety?

Imagine ... your and your children's future.

Sorry for talking this joke the wrong way. shockedops:
        Tangent-Warrior smiley
        • 56 Posts
        I sympathise with Carsten, the scary part is that if systems indeed start talking with each other this could be reality quicker than you know.

Civil liberties and privacy indeed seem to be more and more controlled in an Orwellian way towards a smooth and "safe" society. Does this sound paranoid?
          • 3,975 Posts
          Zaigham (aka zi) Reply #4, 19 years ago
          sure Carsten,

Its absolutely right,

but its going to happen by our own hands sad sad

• 577 Posts
            ugh, sorry guys to ruin a good joke shockedops:
              Tangent-Warrior smiley
              • 3,975 Posts
              Zaigham (aka zi) Reply #6, 19 years ago
              No problem Carsten,

But in fact its not a joke, its horrible machine dominated future.....

• 577 Posts
                T1, T2 or T3 :?:
                :wink:
                  Tangent-Warrior smiley
                  • 3,975 Posts
                  Zaigham (aka zi) Reply #8, 19 years ago
                  :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry i dont know exactly what is T1. T2, T3, but most likely these are machine types and probabaly T3 is fastest, then it may like this,

T3 x 1000 or more (assumed at speed of current developments)

Regards,

• 577 Posts
                    oops that's what we use in Japan for Terminator 1, 2, and 3 :roll:

ahhh, T1 line I get it :wink:
                      Tangent-Warrior smiley
                      • 3,975 Posts
                      Zaigham (aka zi) Reply #10, 19 years ago
                      I saw T3 movie at my friend's home, AWESOME technology picturised,

but...as i said, its horrible image of our future.. sad:(