We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    This would apply to only new content (new page for example) or would this also work for new edits to existing content?
    • just new content unfortunately
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 623 Posts
        MODx does not force you into a limited number of content areas. MODx does allow you to have virtually any type of content on every page: grids automagically built from CSV files that the receptionist FTPs to a specific location daily to simple text input fields.

Ryan,
        Can you point me in the right direction? I’ve been curious about giving clients the ability to update info on their sites by CSV upload. I’ll be looking in the mean time. Thanks.
          The MODx has you...
          Utah Web Design
          • 7,075 Posts
          There are several ways to do it as usual with MODx... One way to do it would be using the @FILE binding and a datagrid widget
            .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
          • David, that’s exactly what we used for the (client-designed) freight company leaderboard: http://bedrockfreight.com/index.php?id=4

The receptionist follows a simple procedure of saving out their daily .xls as a CSV file named appropriately then posts it via FTP to generate the table. The widget takes care of the rest.
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 7,075 Posts
              Nice !

I have played with this but never got down to actually using it for a project, nice to see a sample use smiley
                .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
                • 623 Posts
                Thanks. I was just reading about that. You guys are great! I appreciate the replies.
                  The MODx has you...
                  Utah Web Design
                  • 372 Posts
                  Can you provide details? I thought the datagrid only worked with @SELECT.

Can datagrid accept a custom delimiter? Whenever I try to use datagrid with a file I get a single column of text.

Quote from: rthrash at Apr 25, 2008, 01:24 PM

David, that’s exactly what we used for the (client-designed) freight company leaderboard: http://bedrockfreight.com/index.php?id=4

The receptionist follows a simple procedure of saving out their daily .xls as a CSV file named appropriately then posts it via FTP to generate the table. The widget takes care of the rest.
                    DropboxUploader -- Upload files to a Dropbox account.
                    DIG -- Dynamic Image Generator
                    gus -- Google URL Shortener
                    makeQR -- Uses google chart api to make QR codes.
                    MODxTweeter -- Update your twitter status on publish.
                  • bwente,

You can find it discussed here previously. Unfortunately I don’t have the time to dig up the details and write the tutorial. It’s a bit confusing but it does work!
                    • Actually, I did find the discussion using the forum built-in search: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,1666.msg11635.html#msg11635 (start there and view that page in full ... )